Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Done with the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2023, 07:16 PM
Default Done with the dealer

Since I bought my CX-5, I've had the dealer do my oil changes and tire rotation. They used to be the same or a little lower than an indy oil change shop near me. Add this to the service record and it will help future resale. I've had problems though. One time the wheels nearly fell off the front. I'd gone 120 miles before something felt wrong. Another time they told me the belt tensioner needed replacement. Since it was 3 months old, I didn't change it. A couple of weeks ago the belt ate itself. I had to replace the belt and tensioner. It found plier marks on the tensioner. The last time it was in for service, I wandered around the lot to see what they had on new and used cars. This dealer, along with several others, has a new owner. Several cars had tags on the window with a "Market Adjustment" of $5000. Every single new vehicle also had a ticket for "Simonize Protection" for $1895. I can do that in my driveway for $5 and 30 minutes time. The kicker though was when I went to pay. The last oil change and tire rotation was $73 with tax. This time, $124 with tax. I understand inflation is raising prices, nearly double though has priced it out of my price range. I can rotate my tires myself and a friend owns an oil change shop and the synthetic oil change and full service will run me around $75.

I don't know what I going to do with the car after the door from the "Killer Attack Deer" is repaired. I may sell it or keep it for a bit longer. It's one of 4 vehicles I've got.

Old 07-28-2023, 08:07 AM

Sounds like that dealer is terrible. Around me I've never had an issue, or in Florida where my girlfriend lives. We even got a synthetic oil change done for $58 at the dealer too. Do you have any other dealers nearby?

Old 07-28-2023, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
Sounds like that dealer is terrible. Around me I've never had an issue, or in Florida where my girlfriend lives. We even got a synthetic oil change done for $58 at the dealer too. Do you have any other dealers nearby?

Not really. I think the closest dealer is in Louisville Ky., about 120 miles away. The new dealer and his wife do a lot of advertising for all the dealerships they bought. They have the Mazda, Volvo, Kia and Hyundai dealerships. I think he's trying to pay the financing cost off really fast. The ads are a little creepy too, but I'm an olde pharte and I don't like different things.

I like Mazda's, but on SS you can't afford expensive work. I'll do most of my work now. It's just that after several decades of working on stuff, I don't like to HAVE to work on things