Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Downloading nav update

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 06:42 PM
Default Downloading nav update

I was trying to download the nav update onto my nav sd card. The attempt failed. Instead the software stated the Mazda server was down or words to that effect. How common is this? How long do these download outages typically last?

Old 12-03-2019, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Gerald Mucci
I was trying to download the nav update onto my nav sd card. The attempt failed. Instead the software stated the Mazda server was down or words to that effect. How common is this? How long do these download outages typically last?
This was my first mistake: When I Googled "Mazda toolbox download", I selected the first item displayed. Try, instead, to select the first item that has a Mazda logo.

But then, even though it was official this time, it said my system was not compatible and gave me another download option. I downloaded that. Then I clicked the "highly recommended" backup button. Got an error message. Could not get out of it without backing out of the app and starting over. Once I reentered the system I went straight to the download update. It seems to be doing its thing, but slowly - 5% after 5 minutes.

For those who might experience it hanging at 0% download, it waited a good half a minute for me at 0% before it even began. It is undeniably a very slow download. I suspect it is their server, not our computers or internet connection.

Now 27% after 30 minutes. So I should expect a 2 hour download process.

Last edited by Gerald Mucci; 12-03-2019 at 09:32 AM.