Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Dr.ColorChip for Snowflake White Pearl

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2020, 07:59 AM
Default Dr.ColorChip for Snowflake White Pearl

Hello,

Got a new 2019 Cx5 GTR. Had to take a road trip due to a business trip...and sure enough found some rock chips on my car already 😭. Had to leave suddenly so wasn’t able to get PPF done before going. Do you guys have experience with how well Drcolorchip matches the snowflake white pearl. I understand that pearl tricoat makes it a difficult match.

Thanks...

Old 01-23-2020, 05:41 AM
Default DR Color Chip

I have used their kit on a 2011 Corvette in Crystal Red Metallic and it did a good job in covering up front rock chips. Realize this is not your color question. I suspect that your white pearl will be a challenge to match.

I am too **** when it comes to my car even if it is a daily driver.

Good Luck,
Jim

Old 05-22-2021, 02:46 PM
Default SnowFlake Pearl

Doesn't match well at all. The system they create is great, but unfortunately the 25D (And they will tell you this if you call) is kind of close, but you can clearly see the difference to the original color - it sticks out.

Originally Posted by Cornywillis
Hello,

Got a new 2019 Cx5 GTR. Had to take a road trip due to a business trip...and sure enough found some rock chips on my car already 😭. Had to leave suddenly so wasn’t able to get PPF done before going. Do you guys have experience with how well Drcolorchip matches the snowflake white pearl. I understand that pearl tricoat makes it a difficult match.

Thanks...
Dr Color

Old 05-29-2021, 02:43 PM
KSH

Hey I have a 3 week old CX-5 GT in Snowflake White. I already have 8 stone chips. Very disappointing. What’s the best way to fix the stone chips and what’s a good protector. Thanks

Old 05-30-2021, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by KSH
Hey I have a 3 week old CX-5 GT in Snowflake White. I already have 8 stone chips. Very disappointing. What’s the best way to fix the stone chips and what’s a good protector. Thanks
I think I'm going to call Mazda about our issues (I do know some ppl who got the red color had their CX5's repainted by mazda for free) - I don't know about protection and the DrColorChip is ok.. It's not going to look professional and you will be able to tell the color isn't 100% match. But, apart from a professional job it's probably the next best thing - because if you make a mistake their chemical solution easily wipes all the paint off and this allows you to practice to get it to look "ok". I'm still practicing hoping to improve the look..