Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

a few small downers in a sea of anticipation

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 10:51 PM
Default a few small downers in a sea of anticipation

So....I have wanted a CX-5 for a few years now, and for once I'd like to buy a brand new vehicle. So, I'm looking at the 2020 CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve.

Everything looks perfect for me and I'm really looking forward to pulling the trigger on this, but there are so far 3 downers, (nothing major) that I am hoping I'm wrong about, or wondering if anyone knows any workarounds.

1. No wireless charging for phones? No even as an option?

2. Apple carplay...does this work wirelessly?

3. No remote start on the 2020 GT Reserve? I know it's available as an extra option but wondering if they were standard in the 2020 model. Also wondering if the 'mazda mobile startt app works, if you didn't pay for the extra remote start feature.

Thanks for your time and please pardon the stupid questions.

Old 03-09-2020, 09:32 AM

1- nope. Not offered
2- nope- pretty rare for any manufacturer from what I understand as it takes a lot of juice to make it work
3- ???

Old 03-10-2020, 02:45 PM

WooooW whaT would I give to have same life problems as you...

Old 03-10-2020, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Renato Cvikic
WooooW whaT would I give to have same life problems as you...
I understand your perspective and I understand the perspective of the original poster.

We each have different circumstances and often don't realize how lucky we are. I am occasionally frustrated with things in my new Mazda that are not perfect, yet many of the things I might complain about were not available in any car at any price just 10 years ago. Beyond that we should realize that we have it so much better than those in Italy, Iran, South Korea and too many other places that can't drive their vehicles if they wanted to.

Old 03-10-2020, 04:34 PM

Just my two cents. To me, these aren't even car features. My other car is a Lotus and I paid extra not to have any of that junk!

Old 03-11-2020, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
I understand your perspective and I understand the perspective of the original poster.

We each have different circumstances and often don't realize how lucky we are. I am occasionally frustrated with things in my new Mazda that are not perfect, yet many of the things I might complain about were not available in any car at any price just 10 years ago. Beyond that we should realize that we have it so much better than those in Italy, Iran, South Korea and too many other places that can't drive their vehicles if they wanted to.
Like why are u think you have it so much better than us In Europe??

Old 03-11-2020, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Renato Cvikic
Like why are u think you have it so much better than us In Europe??
I did not intend to compare the US to Europe. I do have great sympathy for those in Italy, Iran, South Korea who are facing challenges with the Virus that I cannot begin to imagine. Their issues are far more serious than anything I have ever faced and certainly more serious than the lack of an option on a new Mazda.

Your comment about wishing you had the same life problems, pointed out to me that some of us struggle with things that are more superficial than the challenges facing others regardless of geography.

Old 03-11-2020, 02:00 PM
Old 03-12-2020, 02:36 PM

Dude I read,read and read again what you wrote and can't believe.. How wrong are U ??
Sh*t only hitted the fan in Italy, other countries are still "good", I just read that one nba player has corona and nba is suspended..And another news people without healthcare will pay from 150-300$ test on corona ...
And you feel bad for Iran ,Italy etc?
don't be,..
We are all living just fine with or without corona..
Let we see how great US will battle that disease

my comment was that you must have really easy and good life when these are your main problems on mazda cx5..
didn't mean anything bad,.
Stay safe !!!

Last edited by Renato Cvikic; 03-12-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:18 PM

Again, I apologize. I did not intend to offend.

Quick Reply: a few small downers in a sea of anticipation