Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

a few small downers in a sea of anticipation

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Renato Cvikic
WooooW whaT would I give to have same life problems as you...
The original poster mentioned his issues with the CX-5 and you do not know what other problems he has in life. Just because he made a post like this does not mean he has not a serious health, family or other problem. This is an automotive forum and we expect these kind of issues and we expect respect among forum members. So if you do not like what the original poster posted and if you do not have any positive feedback, just read on and go to the next thread. No need to insult or make fun of the original poster.

Last edited by mazda_nc_dude; 03-13-2020 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:14 PM

Ya dude you're nuts if you assume my biggest problems in life have anything to do with the car I'm lucky enough to drive. I'm just trying to find out something about a product. grow up.

Old 03-13-2020, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Renato Cvikic
WooooW whaT would I give to have same life problems as you...
Can you explain your post? It appears that a few have misunderstood and you have been offended by their responses.

Just want to understand.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by matt_gold
Ya dude you're nuts if you assume my biggest problems in life have anything to do with the car I'm lucky enough to drive. I'm just trying to find out something about a product. grow up.
I'm with you Matt. Trying to understand the reasoning and meaning of Renato's post.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by matt_gold
You probably want to look at MBenz’es or BMW’s.

I’m driving a 2019 CX-5 GT turbo and for your number 1, I bought a wireless charging holder for my iPhone that clips on the vent. It works great and with my iPhone securely in it, I can have YouTube play while I drive 1,700+ from IN to AZ with one overnight stop in OK.

On your number 2, I always have a lightning cable plugged in to the USB port for CarPlay. Before I start up, I connect/plug my iPhone to it and enjoy CarPlay.

On your number 3, I used to own subarus and had remote start as option. That was great BUT I can’t stand CVT’s so I switched to Mazda. Now, I’m (again) used to going out in the frigid cold (or steaming hot) and start my Mazda - it’s a character builder.

BTW, what luxury car are you driving now with wireless charging and wireless CarPlay/Android Auto, and Remote Start? You might as well hang on to that until a CX-5 with these features is out in your market.

Last edited by firefox111; 03-14-2020 at 07:49 AM.
Old 03-14-2020, 09:51 AM

Good day brother. I certainly understand how these three goodies would be very nice to. have. You asked about workarounds and there may be some.

Your #1 & #3 - There is something like this...
Scosche MPQHC-XTSP1 Magicmount Suction and Adhesive Mount Charger for Mobile Devices Scosche MPQHC-XTSP1 Magicmount Suction and Adhesive Mount Charger for Mobile Devices
IMO it's kinda messy but there may be other similar type options. You could also consider an integrated system but you'd need to have it professionally installed unless your very handy. Go to a car audio store who builds and installs high end sound systems in vehicles. They will be able to install one that looks factory. May not be exactly cheap, but they can do it. Also, when you are there, ask them about installing your remote start. They can do that and should be pretty easy for them. Maybe get a bundled package of wireless charger and remote start and get a better price. I used to build and install high end custom sound systems in vehicles and it's amazing what can be done. Ask them about the Apple carplay as they may have a workaround for that.

But there are these CPLAY2air wireless adapter for factory CarPlay that has a pretty good customer satisfaction rating. Now I can't vouch for it and who knows, maybe the company bought all the five star ratings they show. But it may be an option.

Good luck brother. Enjoy your new CX 5.