Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

General Question - Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 12:57 AM
Default General Question - Dealership

hi folks,
Can you let me know on these questions.

1.what does Extended Warranty generally mean ?
is it bumper to bumper or the powertrain warranty.

2. I assume negotiating for around 2K less than MSRP is the way to go ?

3, Is there any reason to only use the dealer where we buy, in case it is ~100 miles away. For regular service / follow up, Can I switch to nearby dearlers.

thanks.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

I can only base my answer on the Australian market.

Extended warranty is for the whole car. The catch is every single service must be done by the selling dealer otherwise you void the warranty.

Any dealer or independent mechanic can service the vehicle for the standard new car warranty.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:08 PM

I'm not sure if this helps, but I just purchased a 2016 CX-5 GT w/tech last week. I opted for Mazda's extended warranty. As of 12/1/15, Mazda is offering a promotion where you get a 10-year warranty which covers EVERYTHING including electronics, powertrain, etc. It also give you roadside assistance & rental coverage. The package usually costs about $3000, but during promotion is $1500. I could not pass it up. I had NO intention of purchasing any extra insurance even though I know its very necessary due to all the electronic stuff these days. It was 10 years of coverage for $1500....sold!!!

Old 12-09-2015, 01:44 AM

hi , I checked with the dealership, and they have their own Platinum extended warranty (7 years, 100k) . but they did not mention about the Mazda extended warranty option.

Is it something I have to get separately if I want it outside.. or all dealers expected to offer the Mazda option ?

Old 12-09-2015, 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by magnetism
hi , I checked with the dealership, and they have their own Platinum extended warranty (7 years, 100k) . but they did not mention about the Mazda extended warranty option.

Is it something I have to get separately if I want it outside.. or all dealers expected to offer the Mazda option ?
Hmmm...I'm not sure, but the finance guy specifically told me it was a Mazda warranty that would extend the stock warranty coverage to 10 years/ 120k miles. He said as of Dec 1st it was $1500, so I got it.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:37 AM

I just looked again at my paperwork and my warranty is through CNA National Warranty Corporation. It is their Factory Wrap+Plus Preferred warranty. It's nice too because its prorated so if you never use it and sell your car in 5 years, you get 1/2 your money back ($750).

Old 12-10-2015, 01:06 AM

thanks guys. I have another question .
I plan to buy the Touring and then install leather seats at the dealership. Is this a good idea in terms of the work. I hope there won't be a chance they mess up and do something bad to the seats.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:13 AM

thanks guys. I have another question .
I plan to buy the Touring and then install leather seats at the dealership. Is this a good idea in terms of the work. I hope there won't be a chance they mess up and do something bad to the seats.
Why buy the touring and add? Just get the Grand Touring that comes standard with the leather seats. You don't have to get all the tech packages if you don't want. I only got the one tech package and passed on the i-sense stuff. As far as going to dealership for services...you can get a service done anywhere, but keep in mind with the electronics on these vehicles, the dealership is the only place that can run Mazda specific updates to computer systems, etc. For example, I could take my CX-5 to the Toyota dealership where I live to have it serviced, but my OS needs updated on my infotainment system and the closest Mazda dealership (where I got my vehicle) is about 90 miles away...but its cool...I love driving this thing so much that it gives me a reason to hit the road!

Old 12-10-2015, 02:03 AM

The only reason is to try avoiding the 19 inch wheels for the 17 inch. No other reason. I read on this forum about bigger wheels being higher cost maintenance.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:23 AM

The only reason is to try avoiding the 19 inch wheels for the 17 inch. No other reason. I read on this forum about bigger wheels being higher cost maintenance.
I see. Personally I think the 19inch wheels are sharp as hell. I wouldn't have it any other way, damn the costs! I'm not sure the reasoning for the higher maintenance, but you are already looking at spending $30,000 on a vehicle packed full of electronic accessories and gadgets (like any new car). The cost of maintaining a set of wheels/tires is the least of my concerns. Get the GT...in the long run, you'll be happier.

Quick Reply: General Question - Dealership