Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Got it!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 09:19 AM
Default Cost of cx 5

Originally Posted by AZCX5
Picked up my wife's new 2021 CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve yesterday! Soul Red Chrystal Metallic with Parchment Leather interior - very nice looking combination. Added a few options like splash guards, cargo cover, cargo net, cargo tray. Dealer had added window tint, paint protection, stain protection and nitrogen for the tires, all heavily discounted as i didn't really want these. Will be taking the car to a friend for clear wrap on bumpers, hood, fenders, A pillars, door edges, door handle cups, rear bumper in a couple of days. Then ceramic paint coating..

Bought it a little sooner that we had planned but with the chip shortage impacting production we were concerned that if we waited we could be quite delayed in getting one. And i think we got a pretty good price - out the door $39k. Car, options, lic/title, sales taxes, doc fees. At least don't anyone tell me i grossly overpaid

Now to order the nav card (NavKing, best source i guess) and a few other items.

Thanks to all the good advice I received here in helping make our decision!
You paid 39k (USA $ i take it) for cx 5, not sure where u live. I paid full MSRP due to chip shortage and no dealer would budge. Out the door price 53k Canadian with all costs include for a cx 5 RED colour, and Signature model year 2021.5. Dealer gave me nothing, except floor mats, but i think he conned me by overcharging for red paint @ $650 canadian plus tax. I think it should have been $450 only for red paint. If i had time and good health, i would not have brought in 2021 during Covid and waited till New Year 2022 for a better negotiated deal.

Old 10-27-2021, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mazdagus
You paid 39k (USA $ i take it) for cx 5, not sure where u live. I paid full MSRP due to chip shortage and no dealer would budge. Out the door price 53k Canadian with all costs include for a cx 5 RED colour, and Signature model year 2021.5. Dealer gave me nothing, except floor mats, but i think he conned me by overcharging for red paint @ $650 canadian plus tax. I think it should have been $450 only for red paint. If i had time and good health, i would not have brought in 2021 during Covid and waited till New Year 2022 for a better negotiated deal.
I really liked the features on the Signature but my wife didn't like the dark interior, only interior offered unfortunately. I think I would have gotten white with that model, but my wife also loved the red,. Decisions, decisions.

Yes, my price was $US. Hard to compare out the door since different tax rates, license fees, etc, but I was able to get a reasonable discount when I bought. Just before all the "chip shortage" and "supply chain' issues. Not the best time to need to buy a new car.

My car came with carpet floor mats, I did buy Maxspider mats which I really like.

Red is a $450 option in the US, I would presume it's a $550 option in Canadian dollars. So $650 sounds a little high. Do you have the windows sticker, that should show the manufacturer price.

But, in the long run, you should really enjoy your car, I haven't read a review anywhere that didn't love the CX-5, even over much more expensive competitors, and with the Signature, I don't think there's an important feature that isn't there. Ok, maybe the lack of a touch screen qualifies as a missing lux feature. Ok, and for some people, the seas could be better, not a concern for my wife and me.

Old 10-27-2021, 02:13 PM
Default Gas mileage 2021 turbo cx5 low

I don't know what gas mileage you folks are getting, but mine is only showing 14 to 17km per Litre. This is city driving but no real traffic here. Still braking in, at 300km only on clock.

Old 10-27-2021, 02:20 PM

I think that equates to about 35 mpg? That's very good mileage for a turbo. I get around 25 mpg in mixed city/highway driving with my turbo, but I drive with a heavy right foot problem. I also primarily use regular gas, premium should give me a little better mileage, but i don't think the cost trade-off is there.

Old 10-27-2021, 02:20 PM
Default Cx5 cruise control and auto braking local st driving

I really liked the features on the Signature but my wife didn't like the dark interior, only interior offered unfortunately. I think I would have gotten white with that model, but my wife also loved the red,. Decisions, decisions.

Yes, my price was $US. Hard to compare out the door since different tax rates, license fees, etc, but I was able to get a reasonable discount when I bought. Just before all the "chip shortage" and "supply chain' issues. Not the best time to need to buy a new car.

My car came with carpet floor mats, I did buy Maxspider mats which I really like.

Red is a $450 option in the US, I would presume it's a $550 option in Canadian dollars. So $650 sounds a little high. Do you have the windows sticker, that should show the manufacturer price.

But, in the long run, you should really enjoy your car, I haven't read a review anywhere that didn't love the CX-5, even over much more expensive competitors, and with the Signature, I don't think there's an important feature that isn't there. Ok, maybe the lack of a touch screen qualifies as a missing lux feature. Ok, and for some people, the seas could be better, not a concern for my wife and me.
hi, does your cx5 auto brake when your on side streets and need to stop behind a car at light? I thought the radar was supposed to auto brake when approaching stationary or car slowing down in front of you. I have the radar on, and full distance bars set, but no speed limit set for cruise speed, as driving in town on local roads. Am i missing something on how this works?
Also has anyone tried out the reverse braking if obstacle behind car? This is an option on 2021.5 Signature model. Would like to hear your experience.
thanks

Old 10-27-2021, 02:52 PM

hi, does your cx5 auto brake when your on side streets and need to stop behind a car at light? I thought the radar was supposed to auto brake when approaching stationary or car slowing down in front of you. I have the radar on, and full distance bars set, but no speed limit set for cruise speed, as driving in town on local roads. Am i missing something on how this works?
Also has anyone tried out the reverse braking if obstacle behind car? This is an option on 2021.5 Signature model. Would like to hear your experience.
thanks
I believe it is always on. I haven't tried it yet, but on a few occasions i have seen a "Brake" light appear in bold red on the HUD when approaching a stopped vehicle. And without the cruise control on. I guess i could get a large cardboard box and see if the car will stop before hitting it, don't think i want to try it with another car. Haven't tried the pedestrian braking scenario either, not sure my wife will let be test it on her. I'm just trusting that they work.

Auto brake is a different feature than the adaptive cruse control witch controls the car at preset speeds and distances. I love adaptive cruise control, been on some long drives where i have not had to use the brake or accelerator pedals. Just adjust the distance and let it go, not even adjusting the speed setting on the highway unless there is a posted speed change, just letting it cruise with the flow of traffic.

Old 10-27-2021, 03:40 PM

I believe it is always on. I haven't tried it yet, but on a few occasions i have seen a "Brake" light appear in bold red on the HUD when approaching a stopped vehicle. And without the cruise control on. I guess i could get a large cardboard box and see if the car will stop before hitting it, don't think i want to try it with another car. Haven't tried the pedestrian braking scenario either, not sure my wife will let be test it on her. I'm just trusting that they work.

Auto brake is a different feature than the adaptive cruse control witch controls the car at preset speeds and distances. I love adaptive cruise control, been on some long drives where i have not had to use the brake or accelerator pedals. Just adjust the distance and let it go, not even adjusting the speed setting on the highway unless there is a posted speed change, just letting it cruise with the flow of traffic.
same here, i have seen a "Brake" light appear in bold red on the HUD when approaching a stopped vehicle, but i thought it should brake and not frighten the blo?dy life out of me. The 'Brake' sign comes on, when i am one foot behind the car in front. Not very comforting. How to test this?

Old 10-27-2021, 04:47 PM

same here, i have seen a "Brake" light appear in bold red on the HUD when approaching a stopped vehicle, but i thought it should brake and not frighten the blo?dy life out of me. The 'Brake' sign comes on, when i am one foot behind the car in front. Not very comforting. How to test this?
My "Brake" warning sign comes on sooner, well outside the distance where i can stop safely, so i do the braking. If the car does the emergency braking i suspect it will be late and intense. It's not designed to take the place of the driver braking, just an emergency system. The adaptive cruise would slow and stop the car. But, I prefer braking the final distance, just in case it doesn't work exactly right.

I think you could test it with a large cardboard box in front of the car, or something that won't damage the front of the car or matter if the car doesn't stop just perfectly. I've never tested it. But maybe someday, just for the experience.

Old 05-21-2022, 02:06 PM

Just installed a K&N Cabin Air Filter (lifetime). Car is just over one year old and it was time to replace the original cabin air filter - pretty dirty. Appears to be very durable and should filter out most particles better than stock. It is electrostatic. Also bought the cleaning/refresh kit for next time it needs to be cleaned. So easy to replace the filter. $63 with tax for both, free shipping from K&N..