Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

"The Great White" Cx-5 Mods & Inspiration

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 03:18 PM
Default "The Great White" Cx-5 Mods & Inspiration

Hello everyone!
My name is Heather and I live in the communist state of California where we can't have anything cool. I like to go fast. I've previously owned a '13 Triumph Daytona 675R, a '96 Nissan 240sx turbo and just recently traded my '07 Mx-5 Miata grand touring hard top convertible (I know) for my Snowflake white pearl '17 Cx-5 sport (which I've named The Great White) and now here I am.

Although I enjoy the Cx-5 how it sits, I crave more. I've been browsing the Cx-5 forum for inspiration and other ideas for mods but most of what I've found has been issues and problem solving (which is useful). I figured I'd share my ideas and progress with those who are interested <3

So far with the new whip I've done window tint, all weather rubber floor mats, upgraded front door speakers and added a subwoofer. My husband is very handy and did the speaker & sub install himself. It took him about an hour and a half all said and done. The door speakers are the Rockford Fosgate Punch P1675 3-way and were pretty easy to install. It makes a hugeeee difference with the highs! I haven't replaced the rear speakers yet, but soon. The subwoofer is a Rockford Fosgate Punch Series PS8 which is an 8" shallow mount sub and amp all together. It also comes with a bass level controller which we tucked behind the fuse panel cover. I've attached photos of the sub which slid under the driver seat quite well.

That's it so far. I'm looking into a few things like front and rear sway bars, an AutoExe sports steering wheel, roof rails, possible drilled & slotted rotors when brakes are due, and I'd like to either powder coat the wheels black or look for something new. Any ideas or suggestions are definitely welcome. Thanks for reading, peace ^.^v