Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Help to buy a New CX-5, Costs and general questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 04:54 PM
Default Help to buy a New CX-5, Costs and general questions.

Hello All
I am very new to Mazda and feel this car hits the spot for me. Now since i do not own one yet i could use help in a few areas.
Would love to know what percent of a discount off sticker people are getting on the 2020 and 2021 model years.

Also the term and cost if you bought a Mazda extended warranty.

I do have some other silly things i would love to know but also will find out this weekend when i go to the dealer.
In the Signature the speedometer screen can be changed. I prefer a digital readout in numbers instead of a gage. Is that an option?

And people complain about the seats. I am 225 lbs at 5 10. Yah yah i need to lose some weight But will these seats hurt after a while? When you do a test drive its for about 20 minutes. Not enough time to know?

Again this site and you folks have been very helpful in my one other post and greatly appreciate the honest feedback.Excited to join the family!!!

Old 10-23-2020, 12:10 PM

The Sig has the Heads-Up display speedo, which is digital instead of analog...quite handy.
I wasn't aware the main speedo can do digital too. Probably never find it in the Owner's Manual.

Old 10-23-2020, 12:47 PM

There are a number of factors that will play into what percentage you can get "off sticker". Keep in mind the S in MSRP is suggested and has nothing to do with what the dealers want or need to sell this car. And, they may be willing to discount more or less based on how much they were able to screw the last guy, any incentives offered, time of the month, how close they are to making a specific number, etc. I would expect most buyers to be able to get 6% off, with 10% being a decent goal to aim for. Keep in mind that walking out the door and sleeping on it is probably your biggest bargaining chip.

I can't speak for the extended warranty as I don't have it on my vehicles, and do most of my own maintenance.

As mentioned above, the HUD on certain trim levels will give you a digital read-out instead of analog. To be honest, now that I've used the HUD I couldn't tell you what options are available on the gauge cluster as I never look down there. Other than fuel level, everything else is up on the windshield.

Regarding the seats, the pain points tend to be the narrowness of the center part of the cushion on the leather seats. The side bolsters are a bit rigid and tend to put pressure on fuller bottoms. Pay special attention to this portion while you test drive. Some people can't stand the seats and others, myself includes, have zero impact on comfort. It's an entirely personal preference.

Good luck.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Howie1
And people complain about the seats. I am 225 lbs at 5 10. Yah yah i need to lose some weight But will these seats hurt after a while? When you do a test drive its for about 20 minutes. Not enough time to know?
I would suggest to take it really on a long test drive including both local roads and highways. If possible more than an hour. The uncomfortable seats are my major problem with this car which otherwise hits all aspects spot on.

Old 10-23-2020, 03:49 PM

If the sales guy does not come with i will. Thanks for the advice.

Old 10-23-2020, 10:11 PM

Try and go the last week of the month, or better yet, the month of December.
Depending on what you want in the vehicle, what started out as over
$32,000, before all fees and taxes and before my option packages.
I added the tinted windows, Bose Sound System, Navigation and Sunroof.
A bidding war started, between 4 Dealerships. I walked out the door with my 2020 Mazda CX-5 Touring all taxes, fees etc. $28,500. Always price more than one Dealership. Don't let each one know you were already out o
pricing, until you are ready to buy and walk out that door.

Old 10-23-2020, 10:22 PM

Debbie
thanks for the help. I am not sure i understand the last sentence. Can you give me more details. Not sure what you mean by "Out 0 pricing" I love where you are heading. I will totally wait till december 20th to start the ball rolling then go for the buy on the last day of the month. I actually think they can drag into Friday, Jan 1. May even be better

Old 10-24-2020, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Howie1
Debbie
thanks for the help. I am not sure i understand the last sentence. Can you give me more details. Not sure what you mean by "Out 0 pricing" I love where you are heading. I will totally wait till december 20th to start the ball rolling then go for the buy on the last day of the month. I actually think they can drag into Friday, Jan 1. May even be better
Most dealerships will be taxed on their inventory as of the close of business on December 31; therefore, dealerships try to sell as much as possible by that date and order new after the new year starts.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:42 PM

Took a test drive yesterday. I will give me pros and cons and possible misses. I drove a 2020 Sig for about only a 7 mile loop.
Keep in mind i over analyze things to much, so take my comments and critiques with a grain of salt.
Pros:
  • Craftsmanship and materials are top notch for the class.
  • Many buttons and *****.
  • Ergonomically plusnet
  • Driving was smooth and connected to the road.
  • I like the Mazda design
  • Many Safety features.
Cons:
  • Seats are to narrow. I get it. They are sporty. THey should have done the side bolsters angled for only 3/4ths of the seat then flattened out at the front of the seat.
  • I thought the engine was a little noisy in the cabin.
  • Back seat leg room was a little tight.
  • Not a lot of storage space for the driver. They should have made the center console smarter.
  • ​​​​​​​The HUD does not work with polarized sunglasses. The Cadi does work with my glasses.
  • I have not used the new larger screen in the 2021 but i am told it is no longer touch. Carplay works well with touch. Not sure if Apple designed this to be used this way?
Misses:
  • the 7 inch gage display should have had more options such as a digital speedometer. Not sure why they needed this other then for the inner potion. Looks just like a regular analog gage. Does not cost much to program this to be more customizable. They should look at the GMC Acadia Denali gage. They did this very nicely.
  • There should have been a hybrid option here as well.
Again just first impressions. Will go back for another drive. Still a big fan and no car is perfect but overall i think the seats are the biggest stumbling block for me. I kind of spread my legs a little when i drive and this car forces them straight.

I am not car expert just over opinionated to a fault. No one should take my comments that i am putting down this car. I am still a fan and will probably still buy this car.

Old 10-26-2020, 11:01 AM

That's a good summary. Definitely go for at least one more test ride. If you felt uncomfortable with the seats for 7 miles, imagine that for a long road trip. Though frankly speaking, the seats seem to break-in after a while but still not much comfortable when compared to the seats that I experienced in other cars.

Quick Reply: Help to buy a New CX-5, Costs and general questions.