Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Help to buy a New CX-5, Costs and general questions.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2020, 04:11 PM

Howie1,

Being a new owner of a 2021 CX-5 Grand Touring Reserve, I am still learning about this car.
Your main question was about the seats. Be aware that seats are relative easy to modify to suit your specific comfort needs. Simply go to a good car upholstery shop and tell them where you want it softer or firmer. They'll then add/delete some of the foam or add new memory foam to get you what you like. WE've been doing this on several cars when the basic car met our needs best, but the seats weren't quite as comfortable as we wanted.

Good luck on your purchase.

Old 11-07-2020, 06:13 PM

Any update?

Did you look at the CX-30?

A little smaller but the seats should be a lot better. (I have a Mazda3 and can’t imagine someone complaining about the seats.)

Old 11-07-2020, 08:09 PM

I didn't look at the CX-30. It's a bit smaller and doesn't yet have the Turbo engine, which I wanted. And the turbo motor is quieter because is isn't working so hard most of the time...can't vouch for when yu get on it as I haven't gotten it broken in yet...still at about 400 miles, 200 more to go.

The seats are fine for me so far. If I find them uncomfortable, I take the car to the upholstery shop that has "fixed" the seats to our liking in our other cars. It really isn't a big issue. If you ever watch some of the car programs on the Motor Trend TV channel, you find they completely rebuild seats with new foam and coverings. So initial seat comfort is not a big deal for us. If id doesn't work, we get it fixed.

Hope that helps.