Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Help with iStop / battery issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 06:27 PM
Default Help with iStop / battery issue

Appreciate any help with an iStop / battery issue.

Driving an 2019 Akera turbo with Blackvue dual dashcam 750 with Power Magic Pro.

The car iStop worked fine initially but then after a couple of months no longer worked (no amber flashing, just didn't come up green). Took it into Mazda first time round and they said the battery may be at fault so they replaced it - worked fine again for a while but didn't work again (again no flashing amber but not coming up green). Took it in a second time and they said the battery was ok and trickle charged it to full (iStop worked after they tested and ran it).

Took the car to the dashcam installer and they checked everything and said it is running to spec. At that point the iStop is still working after seeing both Mazda service center and the dash cam installer.

Two days of not driving and the iStop didn't come up again - got a trickle charger and charged the battery to 100% yet when I drove the car the iStop still didn't come back.

I only drive small distances a few days a week with the occasional longer drive.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what I need to do to make the iStop function work or is it running as expected? (I am currently disconnecting power to the dash cam to see if the iStop comes back).

Old 08-19-2019, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

Battery needs to be disconnected, recharged, reconnected & i-stop relearn carried out.

Make sure the vehicle is always locked when not in use.

How is the blackvue wired up? is it only when the ignition is on? is it on 24/7?