Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIVョ TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Homelink Garage Opener Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 10:08 PM
Default Homelink Garage Opener Stopped Working

Hi,

I have a 2017 Mazda CX-5 Touring with the Homelink rear view mirror. I have previously programmed my garage opener to the Homelink buttons with no issues. Suddenly I知 only able to open or close the garage while in the garage, because the signal is too weak, yet my stand-alone garage door opener works fine.

In an effort to troubleshoot I reset the Homelink system, and now I知 unable to program it again. The system is unable to detect/learn the signal from the garage door opener.

I suspect that the antenna is damaged or disconnected, but I知 not sure where is the location of the antenna. My GPS, FM, AM radio works fine, so I suspect there is a different antenna used for the Homelink garage opener.

Any advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 07-08-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Banab
Hi,

I have a 2017 Mazda CX-5 Touring with the Homelink rear view mirror. I have previously programmed my garage opener to the Homelink buttons with no issues. Suddenly I知 only able to open or close the garage while in the garage, because the signal is too weak, yet my stand-alone garage door opener works fine.

In an effort to troubleshoot I reset the Homelink system, and now I知 unable to program it again. The system is unable to detect/learn the signal from the garage door opener.

I suspect that the antenna is damaged or disconnected, but I知 not sure where is the location of the antenna. My GPS, FM, AM radio works fine, so I suspect there is a different antenna used for the Homelink garage opener.

Any advise would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
The Homelink mirror is the Gentex mirror which can be purchased from retailers for installation aftermarket. So, unless the unit uses vehicle wiring for the antenna, the antenna would be in the unit itself and a repair would entail taking it apart. It's probably easier to just replace the unit.

Are you sure you used the correct procedure to clear the existing codes?

Old 07-14-2021, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg
The Homelink mirror is the Gentex mirror which can be purchased from retailers for installation aftermarket. So, unless the unit uses vehicle wiring for the antenna, the antenna would be in the unit itself and a repair would entail taking it apart. It's probably easier to just replace the unit.

Are you sure you used the correct procedure to clear the existing codes?

I made sure codes are cleared.

Any idea how to find out if antenna is in camera assembly, or if it痴 located somewhere else in the vehicle?

Thanks,

Basim

Old 07-14-2021, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Banab
I made sure codes are cleared.

Any idea how to find out if antenna is in camera assembly, or if it痴 located somewhere else in the vehicle?

Thanks,

Basim
Since the unit is made for multiple vehicles and is available as an aftermarket for multiple vehicles, I suspect the antenna is inside the mirror assembly. You might try a google search to see if you can find anything on that, but I've never seen anything discussing external antennae on these mirrors.