Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

How do I get TPMS light off?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 08:29 PM
Default How do I get TPMS light off?

My daughter has a 2014 CX-5 Touring AWD and we cannot get the TPMS light off. We just had a set of new tires put on and the light won't go off. We've followed the instructions in the owners manual and downloaded videos but still it's on. Is there some trick to this?

Old 06-22-2017, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

If you try too many times it goes into fail-safe mode.

You will most likely need to visit your local Mazda service department for them to carry out a long winded reset procedure.

Old 06-22-2017, 08:22 AM

Or, what I found, is that eventually it will reset itself if you leave it alone long enough!

Old 06-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Default Bulletin for Dealer

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
If you try too many times it goes into fail-safe mode.

You will most likely need to visit your local Mazda service department for them to carry out a long winded reset procedure.

Thank you for your response!

I believe you are correct and, oddly enough, I found a Service Bulletin giving the Mazda mechanic / dealer advice on how to go about correcting the condition. I attached it for you -- or it may help some other guy.

You are right, this is long winded.

By the way, in the Service Bulletin it refers to a DSCHU/CM. Picture looks like it is some gizmo with all the brake lines coming into it. You don't know what that acronym means, do you?

And, another question from the Bulletin. They refer to an IDS. I assume this is some type of Mazda diagnostic computer? Do you know that acronym?

Who'd of ever thought that chasing down a light would give this much info?

We have our appointment at the Mazda dealer a week from tomorrow. Will give you an update then.

Again, thanks for your help!

Old 06-22-2017, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by paris1
Or, what I found, is that eventually it will reset itself if you leave it alone long enough!

Thank you for your reply!

I hope you are correct! We couldn't get an appointment at the dealer until a week from tomorrow so maybe, hopefully, God willing, the light will reset itself.

I was amazed when I found the attached service bulletin about this -- sounds like the Engineer given the task of TPMS stuff for the Mazda CX-5 took his assignment seriously!

Thank you for helping and appreciate your reply!

Old 06-23-2017, 10:45 AM

I had the same reaction to that TSB, and while I was mulling over my next move, the problem went away!

Old 06-23-2017, 01:34 PM

I had the same reaction to that TSB, and while I was mulling over my next move, the problem went away!

I really hope to be posting the same result! I wonder if the TPMS system is covered under the 60,000 mile warranty? If I have to have them do the Larry Science fix it'd be great on their nickel.

Have a great weekend and thanks for the continued help!

Mike

Old 06-26-2017, 11:46 AM

^^This.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:02 PM

There is a button to the left of the steering wheel on the dash of 2016 models. I don't know about 2014. While in Park simply press the button.

Old 07-01-2017, 03:00 PM

My daughter took the car in for a wheel alignment and the shop did some magic and the light is off. Another problem goes away!

Quick Reply: How do I get TPMS light off?