Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Intermittent Bluetooth while already connected

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2023, 10:15 PM
Default Intermittent Bluetooth while already connected

So, I have a 2022 CX-5. I have had it for a couple of months. I have been using both the android auto and Bluetooth for my phone. Both have been working although whenever I use the android auto I need to reset my Bluetooth setting.

The issue I started having yesterday is the following:
I was listening to music on BT and the music would briefly fade out about every 20-30 seconds or so. I went to disconnect my BT on my phone when I noticed that it was saying that it was losing connectivity/trying to connect to the car, even though it was already paying music.

I've had this phone (Moto g stylus 5g) for a couple of years and never had this issue in either of my other cars.

Does anybody know what is going on? There was another phone connected to Android auto prior to this occurring (I just realized). I wonder if I need to re-pair my phone again. It seems that Android auto may be messing with it?

While not the cause, a solution was to disconnect my phone from the car and re-pair it. I suspect Android Auto has bugs in it.

Last edited by mperemsky; 04-23-2023 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Solution