Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Issues with rear seats belts!

Search this Thread

Old Today, 12:49 PM
Default Issues with rear seats belts!

My 2020, CX5, was scanned with Autel MaxiCOM MK908Pro II, and found on RCM (Restraint Control Module) ( 2 DTCs ).
B1410:13-8A Second Row Driver Side Seatbelt Pretensioner DeploymentControl CMDTCs.B1412:13-8A Second Row Passenger Side Seatbelt Pretensioner DeploymentControl CMDTCs.
I bought my car with the rear seat belts looked, after an accident.
The SAS module was cleared/reseted, and the rear seats belts was unlocked ,so
repaired .
The company that repaired my seat belts ,told me that are not allowed to replace the pyrotechnics caps, because is not approved by law in my country.
That pyrotechnics caps is the issue?

Old Today, 01:12 PM

Ok so not sure what you are asking. However there is a few statements you made that either you shorten for the response, or the service was not complete ??? Never the less if what you say is accurate by the shop doing the work then I would get a second opinion about the replacement of the safety related parts.
The term clearing code generally refers to shutting off the dash cautionary lights but does not do anything in the onboard computers which will hold the memory of the fault codes until they have been rectified/corrected.

In the USA and Canada as well a few other countries it would be either mandatory or required for sale of vehicle?

My question is why in the world would a shop agree to do a service and complete(or in your case incomplete) that service knowing they could not and did not have the proper credentials or licensing or authority to complete the service?

Old Today, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Ok so not sure what you are asking. However there is a few statements you made that either you shorten for the response, or the service was not complete ??? Never the less if what you say is accurate by the shop doing the work then I would get a second opinion about the replacement of the safety related parts.
The term clearing code generally refers to shutting off the dash cautionary lights but does not do anything in the onboard computers which will hold the memory of the fault codes until they have been rectified/corrected.

In the USA and Canada as well a few other countries it would be either mandatory or required for sale of vehicle?

My question is why in the world would a shop agree to do a service and complete(or in your case incomplete) that service knowing they could not and did not have the proper credentials or licensing or authority to complete the service?
Was my fault that believe what the tell me ,about reparation of seats belts.
Regarding your questions why they're doing that ,because they know that will not repair complete I don't know?
However, an auto electrician spec, explained that the pyrotechnic caps is responsible to command the seat belts how to react in case of an accident. And because my seats belts don't have the piro caps replaced, is normal that SAS module understand that is an issue, and send the DTCS.
That make sense ?
I think yes,and must found a service to replace the pyrotechnic caps.

Last edited by Nelu Ulise; Today at 01:42 PM.
Old Today, 01:57 PM

Sorry but we have both a language challenge as well what you are telling me is not what a proper servicing of that system and those parts would be?

I wish I could be more helpful but the way it reads the "PROFESSIONALS" are not what they appear to be?

IDK maybe you should go directly to a Mazda dealership service department?

Good Luck

Old Today, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Sorry but we have both a language challenge as well what you are telling me is not what a proper servicing of that system and those parts would be?

I wish I could be more helpful but the way it reads the "PROFESSIONALS" are not what they appear to be?

IDK maybe you should go directly to a Mazda dealership service department?

Good Luck
Thanks for being helpful.
The visit to the Mazda dealer is one of the way to solve the issue, but because are outrageous overpriced, will be one of the latest.
I try to read all about seats belts repairing.