Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

June 20 CX 5 Akera Diesel vibration issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 12:21 AM
Angry June 20 CX 5 Akera Diesel vibration issues

Hi All
I bought a June 2020 Diesel Akera, having previously owned a 2013 Akera diesel. I was fortunate not to have any issues with my former car, mainly because I drove it like a diesel and did regular highway miles.My new car has just done approx 1300kms. When I first collected it, I noticed a vibration when taking off gently from a standstill. It continues going up through the gears and is pretty constant when cruising at any speed between 60 kph and 100kph. I can feel it as a high frequency vibration in the steering wheel, on the gearshift and sometimes in the footwell. My previous car did not vibrate like this until about 150,000ks when I had a driveshaft issue. I told the dealer where I bought it from (on the Gold Coast) at about 300km and was told to watch it and to see if it settled down. I live in Brisbane, so took it to a local dealer for its 1000km check. I told them of the issue and went with a master technician for a drive. He confirmed there was a vibration and when I collected the car they told me the had balanced all the wheels "down to zero" (their words) The vibration was still there so I took it back some days later and went for another drive with the same tech who had confirmed the issue previously. They had it again for the day and when I collected it they are saying it is "characteristic of the vehicle"
In the meantime I had reported the issue to the service manager of the dealer where I bought the car. He seemed understanding so I took the car there and again went for a drive with one of their technicians. He could feel some of the vibration I am talking about, but said he would have to compare it with another diesel CX5 and they did not have one on the lot.When I left, they said they would find one to compare it with and call me within a few days.
I have test driven a 2019 GT diesel and a 2.5 turbo petrol and neither vibrated like this. If either did, I would not have bought another CX 5.

My issue is this. I have an almost $50,000 supposedly luxury vehicle that vibrates and is not pleasant to drive. Are any other diesel owners experiencing anything similar?

Old 08-22-2020, 07:13 AM

You mention a wheel balance, but that's not a wheel alignment. Have you had alignment checked at a tyre store? Also are tyre pressures same all round/set to recommended levels?

Old 10-29-2023, 07:05 PM
Default Vibration 2023

Originally Posted by Dunvegan
Hi All
I bought a June 2020 Diesel Akera, having previously owned a 2013 Akera diesel. I was fortunate not to have any issues with my former car, mainly because I drove it like a diesel and did regular highway miles.My new car has just done approx 1300kms. When I first collected it, I noticed a vibration when taking off gently from a standstill. It continues going up through the gears and is pretty constant when cruising at any speed between 60 kph and 100kph. I can feel it as a high frequency vibration in the steering wheel, on the gearshift and sometimes in the footwell. My previous car did not vibrate like this until about 150,000ks when I had a driveshaft issue. I told the dealer where I bought it from (on the Gold Coast) at about 300km and was told to watch it and to see if it settled down. I live in Brisbane, so took it to a local dealer for its 1000km check. I told them of the issue and went with a master technician for a drive. He confirmed there was a vibration and when I collected the car they told me the had balanced all the wheels "down to zero" (their words) The vibration was still there so I took it back some days later and went for another drive with the same tech who had confirmed the issue previously. They had it again for the day and when I collected it they are saying it is "characteristic of the vehicle"
In the meantime I had reported the issue to the service manager of the dealer where I bought the car. He seemed understanding so I took the car there and again went for a drive with one of their technicians. He could feel some of the vibration I am talking about, but said he would have to compare it with another diesel CX5 and they did not have one on the lot.When I left, they said they would find one to compare it with and call me within a few days.
I have test driven a 2019 GT diesel and a 2.5 turbo petrol and neither vibrated like this. If either did, I would not have bought another CX 5.

My issue is this. I have an almost $50,000 supposedly luxury vehicle that vibrates and is not pleasant to drive. Are any other diesel owners experiencing anything similar?
Hi. I have a 2023 diesel Akera and it vibrates thru the car typically @ 100kph. Although i did notice today the front passenger seatbelt receiver was quivering prominently from @ 65kph. Mazda have replaced 2 rear rims and a tyre which appeared to do a great job when we drove it with 3 people including a master tech sitting in the middle of the back seat (thinking this dampened it more). It appeared so much better. Now I drive it with or without my wife and it probably vibrates worse including thru my chest. I would not drive this car on a long drive. It seams worse when cold but still exhibits it when warm. My only issue is why is the vibration only there @ 75% of the time? To me this would indicate tyre more than mechanical. Mazda has had the vehicle for @ 15 days in total including 10days recently. We had identical car from new like this car that was a 2018 update engine and never had one vibration. We've had many cars from new including a clubsport thru to magnas and never had this.
Did you get your car fixed? We are at the stage of requesting the lemon law be considered as this has been ongoing since April23. Cheers.