Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Just reach 5-year mark- 2017 CX-5 GT AWD.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 12:48 PM

Unfortunately, money is the main issue for most vehicle owners, which can be readily seen when one travels the roads in every state.
While Denver does get the snow/ice salt is minimal there compared to my area.
I live on the coast of Maine, about a mile from the local lobster/fish wharf/dock and about 600 yards from the ocean.
I know all about "salt/sodium chloride" and not just the stuff they put on the roads.
There's salt in the fog, salt from the lobster bait trucks, salt from the seafood transport trucks and even salt in the air.
And you can even get salt spray from the ocean waves.
Which is why I try and wash my vehicle every two weeks and at least hose it off every week in the winter, if temps allow it.
I've learned to park far away in parking lots where no one else does plus my old fat *** needs the walk .
You're lucky in Denver, here, it's nearly impossible to buy a vehicle for $2500 that has or can get a valid state inspection sticker.
Generally speaking, here it's more like $5000 for something that is road worthy and inspectable.

Old 11-12-2022, 05:39 PM
CEB
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Lobstah
Unfortunately, money is the main issue for most vehicle owners, which can be readily seen when one travels the roads in every state.
While Denver does get the snow/ice salt is minimal there compared to my area.
I live on the coast of Maine, about a mile from the local lobster/fish wharf/dock and about 600 yards from the ocean.
I know all about "salt/sodium chloride" and not just the stuff they put on the roads.
There's salt in the fog, salt from the lobster bait trucks, salt from the seafood transport trucks and even salt in the air.
And you can even get salt spray from the ocean waves.
Which is why I try and wash my vehicle every two weeks and at least hose it off every week in the winter, if temps allow it.
I've learned to park far away in parking lots where no one else does plus my old fat *** needs the walk .
You're lucky in Denver, here, it's nearly impossible to buy a vehicle for $2500 that has or can get a valid state inspection sticker.
Generally speaking, here it's more like $5000 for something that is road worthy and inspectable.
If I lived where you live, I'd probably never buy a new car. It sounds like "Sodium Chloride City" on the coast of Maine.

Old 11-12-2022, 06:34 PM

There is a big movement in the state attempting to do away with ALL road salt.
Each year more wells and lakes (public water supplies) are being negatively impacted by salt contamination.
The positive is Atlantic salt water is great for seafood...
Just reach 5-year mark- 2017 CX-5 GT AWD.-middle-01.jpg