Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

K&N air filters

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2022, 04:51 PM
Default K&N air filters

Hi all, has anybody fitted one of the K&N high flow air filters to a 2020 non turbo CX-5?
I have used them on other cars in the past and got a bit better mileage and perceived performance so I'm wondering if anybody
has fitted one to a CX-5 and can give me feedback on it.
TIA
Harry

Old 02-22-2022, 06:21 PM

If you are referring to an OEM replacement, then you are already familiar with K&N air filters? If a performance set up, then that would be a different story.
I

The argument about K&N started a few decades ago when more aftermarket companies entered the performance air filer competition ring alone side K&N. Yet K&N has an open challenge to any air filter company to be tested on their state of the industry air filter development equipment and can post any of the results. I think to date there has only been a few and they failed. LOL But "HUMANS" will claim all sorts of things that are not really empirical and even post some really bad testing trials trying to disclaim K&N statement of quality and performance. The last thing that came abut was about 10-15 years ago claiming that K&N air filter oil will get on sensors and cause DTC (check engine Light). But if those same "Clowns" read how to clean and apply the oil this could not happen. LOL

I have run on my MAZDA SkyActiv 2.5 with the OEM air filter box and intake with a K&N factory replacement for over a year when the engine had less than a few thousand miles on the odometer. And now have a CONE K&N on an air filter intake removing all the factory air filter box. NO ill effects. As for MPG or power increases.... not really any increase by the K&N alone in either case however, the addition of other parts I added all work together and has increased the power as well the average MPG on my engine.

Last edited by Callisto; 02-23-2022 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2022, 06:28 PM

Thanks for that, good info,
H