Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Lights won't come on when rear passenger door opens

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2021 | 06:45 AM
|
Default Lights won't come on when rear passenger door opens

So this is driving me crazy. The lights won't come on when rear passenger door is opened while the car is running. However when the car is off and the door is opened it turns on just fine. Does anyone else experience the same issue? Is there a resolution for this?

Old 11-29-2021 | 03:27 PM

Is there anything in the manual about how interior lights work do not work?

You don't say what model year you have and what trim you have. The 2021 has two different types of systems

Rear Map Lights
Type A
When the overhead light switch is in the door or off position, press the lens to illuminate a rear map light, and then press the lens again to turn it off.
NOTE
 Once the rear map lights have been turned off, they will turn on and off depending on the position to which the overhead light is switched.
 The rear map lights will not turn off even if the lens is pressed in the following cases:
 The overhead light switch is ON.  The overhead light switch is in the door position with the door open.
 The illuminated entry system is on.
Type B
Press the switch to illuminate the rear map lights, and then press the switch again to turn them off.
NOTE
 Once the rear map lights have been turned off, they will turn on and off in conjunction with the overhead light operation.
 The rear map lights will not turn off even if the switch is pressed in the following cases:
 The overhead lights turn on by operating the overhead ON/OFF switch ( ).
 The overhead lights turn on in conjunction with a door opening/ closing.
 The illuminated entry system is on

Old 02-07-2024 | 09:00 AM
Default Mazda 5 left rear door open not showing on dash

Hi
I have a 2011 mazda 5 and all doors except the rear left will activate the interior lights and show as door open on the dash, I changed the switch over from one side to the other and still the same and the switch from the left works on the right.
So my guess is somewhere the cable must be damaged anyone know where this runs in the car?
I'm thinking I may have to remove the rear seat and the side internal panel to trace the wire and check for a fault or does the cable run through the roof liner to the interior light,
anyone know before I strip out panels?
Many thanks