Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Mazda 2.5L w/ Cylinder Deactivation vs. Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by ondersma80
Is it the 2024 2.5L that has i-stop worldwide? I have no start/stop on my North American 2022 but it does have the CD.
It came to the U.S. in the 2024 models at least, but due to parts shortages there are a bunch with out it and/or cylinder deactivation.

Old 05-14-2024, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bears2018CX5
Nor I, and my car will be 6 in June.
same here at 75,000 miles on non-turbo

Old 05-17-2024, 09:19 AM

Just saw on another forum Mazda has settled a class action suit over the 2.5T motor. Anyone in the class can either get reimbursement or get an extended warranty if nothing has happened so far. Thus included cars now have a 84mth/84k powertrain warranty. Here is a link to the specifics and claim form:

https://www.mazdavalvestemsealsettlement.com/

Old 05-17-2024, 09:53 AM

My recommendation before you jump to any conclusions "think" consult and get legal advice.

Last edited by Callisto; 05-17-2024 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-17-2024, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Just saw on another forum Mazda has settled a class action suit over the 2.5T motor. Anyone in the class can either get reimbursement or get an extended warranty if nothing has happened so far. Thus included cars now have a 84mth/84k powertrain warranty. Here is a link to the specifics and claim form:

As I read it, unless you follow the instructions on the form that you attached, you will not get anything.
And it only applies to those who leased or owned (specific Mazda vehicles) in the USA.

Old 05-17-2024, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
As I read it, unless you follow the instructions on the form that you attached, you will not get anything.
And it only applies to those who leased or owned (specific Mazda vehicles) in the USA.
Actually it specifically says you can be reimbursed if you make a claim (and have the documentation to back it up), you can exclude yourself if you want to able to file a new suit yourself in the future, or if you do nothing you will automatically get the longer warranty 84mth/84k for the valve seal issue. Below are the options you have. I received a card in the mail about this today, as my '21 is in the VIN's covered. It specifically says: "All vehicles within the impacted VIN range, whether, or not an oil issue has occurred, get a 24mth/24k warranty extension and are part of the potential settlement". It sounds as if there is still another step to have the entire settlement approved since they say "potential".

YOUR RIGHTS AND OPTIONS:
1) MAKE A CLAIM FOR CASH REIMBURSEMENT The only way to get a payment. Claim Forms must be submitted online or postmarked by October 19, 2024.
2) EXCLUDE YOURSELF Get no payment. This is the only option that allows you to ever be part of any other lawsuit against Defendants about the legal claims in this case. Requests for exclusion must be postmarked by June 27, 2024.
3) OBJECT Write to the Court about why you don’t like the Settlement. The deadline to file an objection is June 27, 2024.
4) DO NOTHING Get extended warranty coverage and Valve Stem Seal repair, but get no payment. Give up rights.
5) ATTEND A HEARING Ask to speak in Court about why you do or do not like the proposed Settlement or any of its provisions. The Fairness Hearing will be held on August 5, 2024, and the deadline to inform the Court of your intent to speak at the Hearing is June 27, 2024.

Last edited by chickdr19; 05-17-2024 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-17-2024, 02:56 PM

Ya know if anyone actually looked at the firm that is soliciting for Mazda owners there is actually more detailed than the http provided today, for qualifying owners , some members not effected but want to post may learn a little about the cutoff dates and what not dates for when the firm "may" do the filing in court.

or hey re-read #5 more closely.. LOL

Last edited by Callisto; 05-17-2024 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2024, 02:47 PM

You can easily get all the info you need from the link I provided.

Old 05-18-2024, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19

Here's what the notice I got in the mail looks like. I haven't had any issues with around 38k miles thus far.

Old 05-18-2024, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
Here's what the notice I got in the mail looks like. I haven't had any issues with around 38k miles thus far.

This is good...^^^^^^^ to read a physical and likely general mailer sent to the him (see post mark mailing authorization) because all those people that post before reading and or understanding what it is they are posting.
Read a little and you will see that not only is some information about class action suits badly defined on forums and this thread, but it is if anyone looks one of about a dozen Law firms that are starting basically the same advertised (keywording) mailer to vehicle owners.
I just got a similar one about Crest toothpaste that a Law firm if unclear words is saying I may be included in a Class action suit because of using Colgate toothpaste. I have used Crest Toothpaste for over 20+ years. ROLMAO.

Quick Reply: Mazda 2.5L w/ Cylinder Deactivation vs. Turbo