Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Mazda 2.5L w/ Cylinder Deactivation vs. Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
This is good...^^^^^^^ to read a physical and likely general mailer sent to the him (see post mark mailing authorization) because all those people that post before reading and or understanding what it is they are posting.
Read a little and you will see that not only is some information about class action suits badly defined on forums and this thread, but it is if anyone looks one of about a dozen Law firms that are starting basically the same advertised (keywording) mailer to vehicle owners.
I just got a similar one about Crest toothpaste that a Law firm if unclear words is saying I may be included in a Class action suit because of using Colgate toothpaste. I have used Crest Toothpaste for over 20+ years. ROLMAO.
The point is, they sent the mailer to folks who are likely within the VIN range of the cars in the Class. I am the first registered owner of my '21 with a 2.5T so it's right on the money and in the VIN range. It's a very specific class who are included.

Old 05-19-2024, 08:32 AM

wow it in plain English and you still don't get it? It is a generic mailer from a list that is available to the public that that law firm (if that even what it is) is capitalizing on an existing complaint in hopes that you will let them represent you so they can get a cut of the action if it is resolved. otherwise, if you read it the information is already what Mazda is doing for many customers.

The key is that it is a generic mailer. They wat you to supply the stamp if you want to join their group of possible and in the future class action, and the information from them is NOT guarantee or promising anything more than what Mazda already does regarding Warranties in general and specifically many (not all) the addressed concerns. There currently is NO settlement in any class action suit against Mazda regarding the information on that generic mailer.
If you are buying into that sales pitch mailer then the marketing firm that created it for that Law firm is doing a FINE JOB of catching little fishies!

Why debate this on a car forum instead why not contact them and ask the hard question to understand?

Old 05-20-2024, 09:54 AM

Not hard to understand at all. They are the ones who pushed this issue and created the situation for Mazda to offer the extended warranty in the first place....

Old 05-20-2024, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Not hard to understand at all. They are the ones who pushed this issue and created the situation for Mazda to offer the extended warranty in the first place....
Dude you just need to contact Mazda USA and ask for the WARRANTY support department and have them explain it to you. I realize you have your personal interpretation, but I have had to do exactly what I am suggesting you do. Unless you do then honestly you are posting less than the best information. So AFTER you contact Mazda USA please post what they detailed to you about the valve stem seal information!!!!

Old 05-20-2024, 10:24 AM

Mazda has acknowledged the issue, but they are not the ones sending the mailer, JND Legal Administration, who is not affiliated with Mazda is.
You need to contact Mazda directly with any issue you may have.
To qualify for repair, you must have owned or leased one of the affected Mazda vehicles listed below that have the affected valve stem seals and manifested excessive oil consumption.

Old 05-21-2024, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Dude you just need to contact Mazda USA and ask for the WARRANTY support department and have them explain it to you. I realize you have your personal interpretation, but I have had to do exactly what I am suggesting you do. Unless you do then honestly you are posting less than the best information. So AFTER you contact Mazda USA please post what they detailed to you about the valve stem seal information!!!!

I don't have to contact anyone. The card explains exactly what will happen with the VIN's included. If I have an issue with the valve seals on my '21 2.5T motor within 84mth/84k miles, it will be covered by Mazda. Not really much to understand. As I didn't have to spend anything to date as I have NOT had the issue, I have nothing to claim. It is just of interest to me, as I like the fact I have a few more years of coverage before it's on my dime.

Old 05-21-2024, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
I don't have to contact anyone. The card explains exactly what will happen with the VIN's included. If I have an issue with the valve seals on my '21 2.5T motor within 84mth/84k miles, it will be covered by Mazda. Not really much to understand. As I didn't have to spend anything to date as I have NOT had the issue, I have nothing to claim. It is just of interest to me, as I like the fact I have a few more years of coverage before it's on my dime.
You posted information that made it to most reading that Mazda had a settlement. They don't. They are simply taking care of some customers from the TSB and fit the VIN. What you did was like many do on forums is post a informational that in this case that information you posted in a previous response was nothing more than a sales ad for a law firm. Who gives a rats **** about if you will need to have your Mazda under warranty or any TSB service issue taken care of. You just for some reason are to stubborn to realize what your posted I guess? I am not the only one that on this thread that read what you posted and knows what it is! So I will leave them to perhaps respond instead of me know? LOL

Old 05-23-2024, 03:55 AM

I know exactly what I posted. The class action taken by Mazda owners is what pushed Mazda to go further and cover the issues with valve stems more aggressively than they would have otherwise. The warranty extension is also a new thing which came from the lawsuit. Mazda isn't doing anything out of generosity. Not being stubborn at all, just posted info which many have/will be getting as they are/were owners of 2.5T Mazda cars within a specific VIN range. The settlement HAS been reached by the way, it just has to be approved by the court, which is a formality. Folks are already getting the TSB done much more easily than before (without a consumption test needed). Check some of the other forums for more info...

Old 05-23-2024, 07:21 AM

I got the settlement card for my 2020 2.5T. I investigated and see the settlement has already been approved by both sides but awaits the final court hearing. These class actions rarely have positive outcomes beyond enriching lawyers. This is a case where the action pushed Mazda to offer more than they were. A defect isn't something to hold against a company as a shameful thing. In engineering and manufacturing it happens. What is disappointing is when a company drags their feet and forces action like this to make buyers whole.

I own a 2020 2.5T and 2022 2.5L non-turbo. So far the 2022 2.5L non-turbo has been far less problematic. Actually it's been a no problem car at all. My 2.5T has been through diagnosis for P0234, engine failure, then replacement. The replacement has been 100% so far but problems are problems. Forced induction can be very reliable but they also have many more parts and much more stress so odds of fault increase.

Old 05-23-2024, 10:01 AM

LOL ....... gotta love forums at times all the Non-expert's...

Quick Reply: Mazda 2.5L w/ Cylinder Deactivation vs. Turbo