Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Mazda CX-5 Boost Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 07:21 AM
Thumbs up Mazda CX-5 Boost Gauge

Has anybody installed a Boost gauge on their CX-5? if so, what brand do you recommend and how did you mount it? I haven't seen any gauge pods etc..
any pointers would be appreciated. thanks

Old 04-05-2023, 09:52 AM

I would recommend getting a Ultra Gauge. This way you will have the availability to view other engine operations as well.

Ultra Gauge
UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center (ultra-gauge.com)

You can mount it is so many area's either using their mounts or a custom mount.

Old 04-11-2023, 11:10 PM

Or get a ELM 327 (Bluetooth OBDII adapter) from Amazon (maybe 10.00, I have seen them as cheap as 8.99) . . . use the Torque app (the free one is fine) on your Android phone . There are similar options for the Iphone now too. You can customize any data the car collects on a gage or chart it or display like the ultragage. It displays everything real time on a screen you customize (up to like 5 different groups of gages) wirelessly on your phone. It can also read diagnostic trouble codes and clear them in the same free program. There are a million videos on this on youtube to build up your comfort level.

Last edited by carbonSD990; 04-11-2023 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-12-2023, 11:36 AM

My thoughts... the phone use during driving isDANGERUS to yourself and others sharing the road. Adding devices to use on your phone to monitor the ECU is NOT a good idea

I wish people would STOP using there cell phone for anything while driving PERIOD. I have collected several near miss accidents now on my dash CAMS (front, rear and side) all from people staring and or using their cell phones.

Old 04-12-2023, 07:34 PM

That's what hands free devices are for

Old 04-17-2023, 06:18 AM

Why? Take out the middle vent and the gauge fits right in there, that's where mine was.

snaptube vidmate

Last edited by Alkol; 04-17-2023 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2023, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Alkol
Why? Take out the middle vent .
Exactly

There are better places to mount auxiliary gauges without removing HVAC pars.

Old 04-17-2023, 11:00 AM

use same on a power stroke, on cx-50 turbo I have manifold pressure (at idle it make 3 to 4 psi) trans temp, coolant, oil temp, high pressure fuel, load, torque percentage, and volts, Oil temp is one value I wish Mazda would give you an option to monitor,

Old 04-17-2023, 12:57 PM

Most like 99% of people have NO clue what most instrumentation readings are let alone what they do or how they interact with each other.
Gasoline Turbo charged engines should not be boosting at normal idle after warm up the turbine speeds are to low. I would say get a manual gauge or a quality aftermarket boost gauge and connect it up to get a proper reading and not what the ECU seems to be reporting. This is another issue with displaying to much information you all think it relates... but this thread and some of the responses shows a misunderstanding on the information access from the ecu represents.
HINT: Gas Engines are specifically designed to reduce the regulated emission standards and if possible, exceed that. This can only mainly be accomplished by heat!
BTW one of the most healthfull reading on post any engine would be the EGTs which can with other senor related even OEM ECU data logging or monitoring tell you what is really going on in the engine. However, it is nice to know what the CAT temps are and reported by the MAzda ECU.

Last edited by Callisto; 04-17-2023 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-17-2023, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Most like 99% of people have NO clue what most instrumentation readings are let alone what they do or how they interact with each other.
Turbo charged engine shoul not be boosting at idle. I would say get a manual gauge or a quality aftermarket boost gauge and connect it up to get a proper reading and not what the ECU seems to be reporting. This is another issue with displaing to much information you all think it relates... but this thread and some of the responses shows a misunderstanding on the information access from the ecu represents.
HINT: Gas Engines are specifically designed to reduce the regulated emission standards and if possible exceed that. This can only mainly accomplished by heat!
BTW one of the most healthfully reading on post any engine would be the EGT which can with other senor related even OEM ECU data log tell you what is really going on in the engine. However it is nice to know what the CAT temps are and reported by the MAzda ECU.

I am just going to keep posting to occupy your time as you seem to be fixated on everything I post,, you must be an engineer who worked at Mazda and is retired. Intake Manifold Pressure reads 3 psi at idle , 14 psi at 75mph 2000 rpm with engine load at 40 to 50%, If you are so inclined the engineer at Mazda made a video explaining how they by-bass exhaust at low rpm through a port help throttle responses. Also the turbo used in this application i would guess is rather small which probably does not need much exhaust to get the turbine moving just a guess, I am using the same ecu to get info that the gauge cluster uses that you posted on another thread, Please explain what Manifold intake pressure is? And why is there 3 psi at idle, Volts read 13.4, seems correct, coolant reads 195, seems correct.

Quick Reply: Mazda CX-5 Boost Gauge