Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Mazda CX-5 TSB Turbo Engines - Oil Consumption

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
I'm guessing you're one who believed the 2020 election was stolen...
After what I've witnessed the last few years, I'm starting to wonder if that's actually true lmaooo.

Old 05-01-2023, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by HighCompression

Do you believe the dyno graph for this air filter?
No.
First and most importantly it does not give enough information.
And most importantly that common design on many platforms has already proven to be false. The are so very few "true" CAI on the market.
My proof. Worl it our but you will need this to start!

Q = AV, where A = area and V = linear velocity.

Old 05-01-2023, 10:23 AM

Just to input of the top of my head a common thought when I see any member on most all forums use DYNO results to support any debate or argument.

My experience as an owner of 3 distinctly different DYNO's during the development stages of various engine and transmission related performance parts I did not use WOT until the final part was found to be an improvement over its replacement in in a large parentage of the engine speeds to get there.. And the only reason for a WOT Dyno was simply to see the end result at maximum engine speeds. I guess this is called BRAGGING RIGHTS! rolmao...
Dyno's general speaking get such a bad rap on forums in the last 20 plus years and seldom do people really truly understand them and the results. It also what the BIG MAX number are and not looking at the graph and seeing what happened on it journey to get to the end number!

Last edited by Callisto; 05-01-2023 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:41 AM

I am pretty sure that even if you did get Dyno results, Lobster would say you used the wrong Dyno.

Even if you use the dyno that he said you should use, he would say that the operator didn't know what they were doing.

Then if you got the right dyno, and the right operator, he would say that we can't trust what actual octane you put in the tank.

Even if you fixed all these problems in the end he would just say you can't trust any dyno results.
What I said would happen, just literally happened. The only thing i did not forsee was Trump would be brought into this and blamed.

Old 05-01-2023, 10:52 AM

LOL

Old 05-01-2023, 01:31 PM

What I said would happen, just literally happened. The only thing i did not forsee was Trump would be brought into this and blamed.
You win the internets today my friend. High five!

Old 05-05-2023, 08:21 AM
mmk

Originally Posted by mmk
Oil light popped back on at 11230 miles. Like clockwork every 4600 miles. Taking it in to the dealership to see what they say.
The valve stems did get replaced under warranty. The dealership told me that Mazda corporate wasn't happy with the fact I didn't bring it in every 1000 miles like they requested and they almost didn't approve the repair. We recently purchased a second CX-5 and we love the cars, but I am pretty unhappy with the amount of back and forth it took on my end to get this resolved.

Old 05-05-2023, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by mmk
The valve stems did get replaced under warranty. The dealership told me that Mazda corporate wasn't happy with the fact I didn't bring it in every 1000 miles like they requested and they almost didn't approve the repair. We recently purchased a second CX-5 and we love the cars, but I am pretty unhappy with the amount of back and forth it took on my end to get this resolved.
I guess my advise never buy a NEW HOUSE

Old 08-02-2023, 12:38 PM

So i have recently had the dreaded oil consumption issue. 2021 CX-5 Turbo (GTR) with 27,000 miles. All of my oil changes have been on 6-month intervals and between 3-6k miles, below the 7.5k advice from the service manual. Took it to the dealer and told them about the TSB. They said they recently had one other car in for the same issue. They then changed the oil to get a baseline they like on the oil level. Said to drive it 1000 miles and check the oil. When i checked, it was a 1/2 qt low. Dropped it off Monday for them to start the diagnostic process with Mazda. Now waiting for a status call-back.

Old 08-02-2023, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by AZCX5
So i have recently had the dreaded oil consumption issue. 2021 CX-5 Turbo (GTR) with 27,000 miles. All of my oil changes have been on 6-month intervals and between 3-6k miles, below the 7.5k advice from the service manual. Took it to the dealer and told them about the TSB. They said they recently had one other car in for the same issue. They then changed the oil to get a baseline they like on the oil level. Said to drive it 1000 miles and check the oil. When i checked, it was a 1/2 qt low. Dropped it off Monday for them to start the diagnostic process with Mazda. Now waiting for a status call-back.
At least they are working with you. The question is will the issue be solved with the TSB. Time will tell. Mine is at 18k and no issues yet. Yours is the first one I have heard coming up so late in the game which is a bummer as I thought I may be in the clear by now. I do 5k oil changes and so far have no oil consumption between.

Quick Reply: Mazda CX-5 TSB Turbo Engines - Oil Consumption