Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Mazda CX5 manual transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 02:52 AM
IOX
Default Mazda CX5 manual transmission problems

I just bought a brand new 2023 Mazda CX5 G165 AWD w manual transmission, deffective from the first days - strange noises while changing the gears, especially 1 and 2 and reverse.
The Mazda dealer is going to replace the gearbox.
Did any one of you encounter a similar experience?

Old 06-20-2023, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

I've never seen a Manual AWD CX-5

Old 06-20-2023, 10:21 AM
IOX

Mazda CX5 in Europe offers AWD with MT

Old 06-23-2023, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

I really wish Mazda Australia offered this option

Old 11-28-2023, 05:21 PM

I had similar issues with my brand new 2024 3 MT, right after picking it up from the dealer's lot. The dealer is going to replace the gearbox. Those transmission and gearbox issues have been extensively reported for every model sold in the last years, and I can't shake off the thought that Mazda is deliberately installing faulty parts hoping that customers won't notice.

Words cannot possibly express how much I regret buying that car, I hope I'll manage to force the dealer to take it back instead of butchering it because of a critical component that was probably known as faulty even before the car was shipped from the factory.

Old 11-28-2023, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by CarloC
I had similar issues with my brand new 2024 3 MT, right after picking it up from the dealer's lot. The dealer is going to replace the gearbox. Those transmission and gearbox issues have been extensively reported for every model sold in the last years, and I can't shake off the thought that Mazda is deliberately installing faulty parts hoping that customers won't notice.

Words cannot possibly express how much I regret buying that car, I hope I'll manage to force the dealer to take it back instead of butchering it because of a critical component that was probably known as faulty even before the car was shipped from the factory.
NO Mazda is not hiding a problem. Are you good in basic math. The number of those transmission manufacture and are operating with no problems and so a few may have issues. Do you know all the detail of the ones that do? I dought it because with all my connection in the Automotive industry I don't???

Why did you join a Mazda enthusiasts forum and then beech about your Mazda . Sell it trade it in but stop being a royal *&^ ho on a forum that is mostly to share the experience about the fun in owning a Mazda and members helping with some Mazda's that are out of WARRATY!

Old 05-21-2024, 01:07 PM

I had the same problem! Bought a brand new CX-5 E-SKYACTIV G165 MHEV, manual transmission and the transmission made the same noise when sifting gears from 1 to 2 or reverse. Took it back to the dealership and they replaced my car with another one (the EU law forced them to do so). And surprised: the second car has the same problem!!