Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
View Poll Results: Do you believe in lifetime no maintenance on transmission
No
64.00%
Yes
0%
Maybe
12.00%
Needs periodic maintenance
32.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Mazda CX5 transmission service

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5
Love that song!
The best Van Morrison song of all time and love to play it in my Car!!

How about Bonnie Raitt, " Angel from Montgomery"? Joe Cocker, "The Letter", live at Filmore East.

OK. That is for another thread I guess.

Old 02-19-2022, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by diehard080
Thanks for the info !- Did you get a service manual ? If so which one - Since this sounds like an unconventional dipstick ...is the protocol for checking the level traditional ? Everything at operating temp , engine running , level- in park?

It only makes sense that theres a way to check the fluid condition / level without a lift. ~ Im popping for a service manual - The owners manuals have departed from quasi self-sufficient owners to learning how to set up apple play and other tech distractions -tech-geek handbook - in the index/ glossary the word " Transmission " does not even eaxist -
I will locate the mystery transmission dipstick-
Appreciate the help
The dipstick is under the air cleaner apparatus which I believe readily comes out to reveal the dipstick. There are YouTube videos which clearly show how to access the dipstick. Does not appear to be a big deal.

Old 02-19-2022, 10:00 AM

Service Manual - Online: Mazda CX-5 Service & Repair Manual

Old 02-21-2022, 01:03 PM

That online manual covers MOST of the CX-5 but not the accessories on the newer models (been looking for one for the 2021's for quite a while). Be nice if we could purchase the service manuals like I can for my Ford truck.

Old 07-06-2024, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Sorry I don't remember which thread it was on but here are some of the pictures I posted. The "BLACK" adapter is one I made, and the other pictures are the adapter to perform a Professional Fluid Service on a Mazda Skyactiv Transmision.

How did your black adapter work out for you? I haven’t been able to locate a BG Products version to purchase locally. BG only sells to distributors and licensed shops.

Would you be willing to make one of these adapters and mail it to me? I’d pay you for your time 👍🏻