Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
View Poll Results: Mazda Paint defective
Color
0%
Yes
50.00%
No
50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Mazda soul red paint defective

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2021, 01:52 PM
Default Mazda soul red paint defective

We own a 2018 soul red crystal CX5 and have problems with the paint and the black trim. I have contacted Mazda Corporate, with no results. Over the past few years, Mazda owners with soul red crystal vehicles are facing the same problem: the paint is chipping at an excessive rate. I have signed the petition and asking those of you with similar defect to Please sign the petition.
https://www.change.org/p/mazda-cx-5-...recall-is-need

I have also sent information to Attorney Michael F. Niznik 267-589-0601

Mazda Soul Red Crystal Paint Potential Class Action

His firm is investigating a potential class action lawsuit against Mazda for issues related to their Soul Red Crystal Paint color. He understands that owners are experiencing paint chipping of the Soul Red color at an excessive rate. A short internet search provides a plethora of complaints related to the Mazda Soul Red Crystal Paint. If you or someone you know is experiencing issues with your Mazda Soul Red Crystal Paint color, contact his office today. To contact his firm, please fill out the contact form on the following page: https://www.nizniklaw.com/mazdaredpaintclassaction

Attorney Michael F. Niznik is a consumer protection lawyer representing clients in motor vehicle sales fraud, new and used lemon law cases, unlawful repossession relief, and abusive debt collection.https://www.nizniklaw.com/single-pos...l-class-action

Last edited by ricky_h77; 12-29-2021 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:22 PM

Just waiting for Callisto to come in and poo poo your suggestion there is any difference whatsoever in paint quality between colors and makes. LOL

Old 12-29-2021, 04:34 PM

I've had a 2016, 2019, and now 2021 CX-5; all three with Soul Red Crystal Metallic paint, all fine, no problems.

Old 12-29-2021, 04:48 PM

Has anyone at all, other than the attorneys, actually recovered any money from a class action suit?

Old 12-29-2021, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Just waiting for Callisto to come in and poo poo your suggestion there is any difference whatsoever in paint quality between colors and makes. LOL
First you comment was not called for. I may have just passed on posting in this thread had it not been for you. I wonder if this firm is going to cover the other colors as well. LOL There will be no class action lawsuit LOL

Old 12-29-2021, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by CMX5
I've had a 2016, 2019, and now 2021 CX-5; all three with Soul Red Crystal Metallic paint, all fine, no problems.
Ya There is also as many if not more that are of other colors that share the same chipping and such on many MAZDA forums. But for some reason the sole red always takes 1st place with complaints. My guess is the production numbers are less than other colors. I believe on one of the forums there were posted number's showing sole red is one of the least sold colors of the MADZ line up.
The other thing thta a few of us keep saying is the MAZDA formula is the same for all their colors. Red is not a chip magnet like some think.
At 35k mils my "BLACK" Mazda which I metrically care for is already in need of new paint on the front and if I were keeping the hood (Iam not) the hood. I will challenge my MAZDA pictures with anyone owning a sole RED. I think it would be a tie. LOL

Originally Posted by TB250
Has anyone at all, other than the attorneys, actually recovered any money from a class action suit?
I have been included in 2 now and NOPE not a cent. One of them was about 10 years ago? The funny thing is none were over a hundred dollars, and one was like 12 bucks...... ???? rolmao

Old 12-30-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Ya There is also as many if not more that are of other colors that share the same chipping and such on many MAZDA forums. But for some reason the sole red always takes 1st place with complaints. My guess is the production numbers are less than other colors. I believe on one of the forums there were posted number's showing sole red is one of the least sold colors of the MADZ line up.
The other thing thta a few of us keep saying is the MAZDA formula is the same for all their colors. Red is not a chip magnet like some think.
At 35k mils my "BLACK" Mazda which I metrically care for is already in need of new paint on the front and if I were keeping the hood (Iam not) the hood. I will challenge my MAZDA pictures with anyone owning a sole RED. I think it would be a tie. LOL

I have been included in 2 now and NOPE not a cent. One of them was about 10 years ago? The funny thing is none were over a hundred dollars, and one was like 12 bucks...... ???? rolmao
I have been included in two lawsuits 1. Mercury replaced or repaired - cost over $1200.00 2. Dodge replaced or repaired faulty rear end cost $1700.00 And yes all colors should be included.

Old 12-30-2021, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ricky_h77
We own a 2018 soul red crystal CX5 and have problems with the paint and the black trim.
What is the problem with the black trim ?

Old 12-30-2021, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by CMX5
What is the problem with the black trim ?
Gonna love reading that reply. Black nonmetallic trim on every vehicle to date manufactures will have issues if exposed for long period to the environment. Or extreme environments.
Defects are one thing normal wear or wear brought on my how and what you do to your vehicle is another thing altogether.

Old 12-30-2021, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by ricky_h77
I have been included in two lawsuits 1. Mercury replaced or repaired - cost over $1200.00 2. Dodge replaced or repaired faulty rear end cost $1700.00 And yes all colors should be included.
Not sure how you answered the class action suite involvement and payoff to you. Interesting if you have been in 2? And it was not clear what you actually got awarded?
Neither of mine had nothing to do with vehicles.
You others and the attorney(s) realize this is not the first time an attempt at suing auto manufactures about paint. Better do your homework. It never worked out in the past attempting the paint defective route either.

Quick Reply: Mazda soul red paint defective