Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Multiple failure codes sent to MyMazda app in the middle of the night.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 03:01 AM
Default Multiple failure codes sent to MyMazda app in the middle of the night.

Parked my 2022 CX-5 at around 8:20pm, and went in my apartment. at 11:53pm, my wife and I get bombarded my multiple alerts from the MyMazda app (as pictured below). It went on until just after midnight. I rush out to the car and my keyfob doesn't work (no light flashing indicating a reaction). The door is unlocked and I hop in. All of the error lights on the dashboard are on. Car won't start. The car seems to be turning on and off over and over again. I can even hear the a/c turning on and off with every cycle.

Has anyone ever had an experience like this before? This thing has just over 600 miles on it, man. It's my first new car purchase ever and it has really got me bummed out. And what's worse, its midnight on a Sunday. Everything is closed until Monday.

I'll keep everything updated as I get more information about this. Lemme know, is there something that I can do (that isn't gonna f-- me over at the dealership on Monday when I bring it in?)

Old 03-20-2022, 08:10 AM

Errors like this are often caused by a low/bad battery. I’m not sure if that is your issue, but it might be. Regardless, it should be covered by the Mazda warranty. Remember that you can have it towed to the dealer for free 24/7 by calling Mazda Roadside Assistance.

https://mazda.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/c/10

Old 03-20-2022, 08:23 AM

Only 600 miles!?!?!?!

That really does suck! Keep us informed and good luck!

If you have a way to check the voltage of the battery, a multimeter, you should check it and see what's what.

Old 03-20-2022, 06:03 PM

Thank you guys. Maybe we can jump the battery and see if it helps?

Old 03-20-2022, 06:22 PM

Video record everything just in case so you can show the mechanic.

Old 03-20-2022, 06:27 PM

Good idea. Thanks for that. I already have some video from last night when I first found the car like that. I'll try to document what I can.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by jrobinabox
Good idea. Thanks for that. I already have some video from last night when I first found the car like that. I'll try to document what I can.
Please let us know how this gets resolved. I've not had any issues, but knowledge is power if something comes up.

Old 03-23-2022, 01:26 AM

Sorry for the late response, everyone. So here's what went down.

Monday morning rolls around and the tow truck rolls up. The battery is long dead since I couldn't stop the cycle of the car turning on and off over and over again. The guy wants to try to jump the battery so that moving the car will be easier (so we can get in on the truck quicker). Once the battery is jumped, the car goes back to its on/off cycle and is not responsive. So we manually disengage the electronic brake and move it in neutral so that we can get it on the truck.

After a bit of a wait at the dealership, it was announced that the battery simple had low voltage, and that this had caused all the crazy malfunction messages to happen (CarpeDiem got it right). A full-charged battery got me back on the road. They did some tests to see if they could find anything drawing the battery, but couldn't find anything. They think that perhaps I left the door slightly ajar (due to the thicker weatherstripping requiring a modest door slam to close) and that the cabin lights, etc. killed the battery.

Not sure what to think about all that, but there you go. Not the most satisfying end to this mystery, but such is life.

Old 03-23-2022, 06:47 AM
Default Door left open?

Looking at the app event history, is there an entry that the door was unlocked before the flood of notification at 1153pm? If so, then the door being open is the culprit.

Monday morning rolls around and the tow truck rolls up. The battery is long dead since I couldn't stop the cycle of the car turning on and off over and over again. The guy wants to try to jump the battery so that moving the car will be easier (so we can get in on the truck quicker). Once the battery is jumped, the car goes back to its on/off cycle and is not responsive. So we manually disengage the electronic brake and move it in neutral so that we can get it on the truck.

After a bit of a wait at the dealership, it was announced that the battery simple had low voltage, and that this had caused all the crazy malfunction messages to happen (CarpeDiem got it right). A full-charged battery got me back on the road. They did some tests to see if they could find anything drawing the battery, but couldn't find anything. They think that perhaps I left the door slightly ajar (due to the thicker weatherstripping requiring a modest door slam to close) and that the cabin lights, etc. killed the battery.

Not sure what to think about all that, but there you go. Not the most satisfying end to this mystery, but such is life.

Old 03-23-2022, 07:33 AM

IMO you'll be VERY lucky if this is the end of this particular mystery...

Quick Reply: Multiple failure codes sent to MyMazda app in the middle of the night.