Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Multiple warning lights on

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2023, 10:31 AM
Default Multiple warning lights on

Driving and just like that, check engine light, electric parking brake light, smart city brake light and TCS light all come on. The car slows down and doesn't drive beyond 20kmph.

Old 07-11-2023, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by deekof89
Driving and just like that, check engine light, electric parking brake light, smart city brake light and TCS light all come on. The car slows down and doesn't drive beyond 20kmph.
As soon as check engine light comes on you should immediately stop driving it and get it to a Mazda dealer.
Do not drive it until they discover the problem.

Old 07-15-2023, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
As soon as check engine light comes on you should immediately stop driving it and get it to a Mazda dealer.
Do not drive it until they discover the problem.
I disagree. I'm dealing with similar with my 2015 CX5, service engine error, it broke down Thursday, wheel locked while on main road, couldn't drive forward. It's also turning 80,000 miles, so service due. Google says error could be something or could be nothing.

Don't need to run to dealer for every error, I'd be broke.

Old 07-15-2023, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Roselvr
I disagree. I'm dealing with similar with my 2015 CX5, service engine error, it broke down Thursday, wheel locked while on main road, couldn't drive forward. It's also turning 80,000 miles, so service due. Google says error could be something or could be nothing.

The OP said he had a "check engine light" and you should not drive/run a vehicle with a "check engine light" until you resolve the reason for it.
Plus, it will most likely void your warranty if you do so.
The reason for the light could be nothing, something minor or a bad head gasket which could end up in an engine replacement.
Which will get you "broke" much quicker than a tow to the dealers to find out for sure.

As for your vehicle, you could possibly be looking at nothing more than a bad wheel bearing or as much as a faulty transmission or engine issues.
Guessing as to what it is, is a sure-fire way to go broke.
But that is your choice to make.

Old 07-15-2023, 07:53 AM

Yeah, I just had similar Thursday with my 2015 CX5 but it fully stopped while driving a main road with 45MPH speed limit. Thankfully I was turning after being stopped. I was able to put into neutral to coast the few feet to park on the side street I was on. Funny, shut car off, all errors went away, I was able to make it home 3 blocks away.
Talk about dangerous to fully stop like that. Glad I wasn't doing 45.

Old 07-16-2023, 09:12 AM

Driving and just like that, check engine light, .
Welcome to the forum

Last edited by Callisto; 07-16-2023 at 10:26 AM.
Old 07-16-2023, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Roselvr

Welcome to the forum.

I will say that members when describing issues should distinguish clearly in their responses between the yellow check engine light and RED when posting information about a concern.
I just responded. in your thread here:
2015 Mazda CX5, "service engine error then wouldn't go forward, errors then dash blac - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Old 07-16-2023, 10:19 AM

Just to clarify the subject, below is what Mazda recommends in the CX-5 Owner’s Manual: