Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Must have upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 11:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bocktagon
Are we allowed to provide links on this site for places to get said visors etc?
If you need visors we do sell the Autoexe ones. They're what we use on our shop car

Old 10-15-2021, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by bocktagon
Hello everyone,

New to the Mazda family. Just bought a CE CX-5 Turbo and I’m wondering what some of the must have options you have purchased/found. So
far I know I need a cargo area cover, seems like the Mazda brand one is the way to go. Also, going to get rubber floor mats as well. Past that, no idea. Sure there are lots of things you all have already found that you might like to share.
New to the CX-5 myself, this year. Picked up a 2016 GT AWD.

The only must-have items for me: decent cargo mat; decent floor mats; mud flaps front and rear. The car's fairly well-appointed, to the point of not really needing much beyond that. Selected the Mazda factory ones. I suppose the mud flaps really aren't necessary, but IMO they help keep minor stones and crud off the car's paintwork.

Tinting on the windows is another thing I've done. Chose the 3M Ceramic IR films, installed by a decent shop in my area. Great reduction in glare. Huge reduction in IR/heat into the cabin. Everything's cooler ... and I'm sure the dash and interior will last longer.

Chose the cargo area cover, as well. Keeps prying eyes from seeing into the rear cargo storage zone. (Though, the window tinting does a pretty good job of that anyway.) Probably overkill, but it works nicely.

Came with a marginal (though new) battery. Next year, I'll swap in a great AGM battery with vastly superior power characteristics.

Next year, it'll approach 100Kmi, at which point I'll consider shocks/springs for the thing. Possibly bushings, wherever the existing bushings are "tired."

I'm also very hard on seats. And apparently the prior owner of the car I bought was, too. So, the seat will likely need refreshing (or replacing) within the next couple of years. Knew that, at time of purchase. Strongly considering the Recaro Ergomed seat, assuming I can find or fabricate the proper bracket for the thing. That said, the factory Mazda seats in the CX-5 GT are quite good, IMO. Fairly firm, supporting, about the ride curve to be reasonably comfortable for long trips. At least, for my shape.

Old 10-15-2021, 11:57 AM

We just purchased the
Husky Liners Fits 2017-19 Mazda CX-5 Weatherbeater Front & 2nd Seat Floor Mats for our 2018 CX-5. They fit well and went up and over the driver side left footrest. They also had sides to them that went up nicely to contain the snow and other stuff. Next is to install the electronic XP-3 Deer Avoidance System.