Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

My cx-5 rips on 4~5 gallons e85 mixed with 91 octane gas - callisto can you weigh in?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2024, 03:56 AM

After having cleaned both the injectors and the intake valves, the vehicle runs better and has more power.

So I thought if the vehicle is better with a cleaning on 91 octane it will really go on 3.5 gallons of E85 mixed in. I tried the E85 and it did not make much difference with clean injectors.

When I first got the vehicle used, it would ping/spark knock going up hills. I think the injectors were already part blocked when i got the vehicle used, and running high octane E20 to E30 mixtures kept the engine from pulling timing and gave it more power.

I can see why Callisto thought I was nuts saying E30 gave more power, on his clean injector car it probably did nothing.

I thought everyone else was nuts for saying E30 did not make a big difference in power, because it was so obvious to me it made more power when used with my dirty injectors.

Old 06-19-2024, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by HighCompression
After having cleaned both the injectors and the intake valves, the vehicle runs better and has more power.

So I thought if the vehicle is better with a cleaning on 91 octane it will really go on 3.5 gallons of E85 mixed in. I tried the E85 and it did not make much difference with clean injectors.

When I first got the vehicle used, it would ping/spark knock going up hills. I think the injectors were already part blocked when i got the vehicle used, and running high octane E20 to E30 mixtures kept the engine from pulling timing and gave it more power.

I can see why Callisto thought I was nuts saying E30 gave more power, on his clean injector car it probably did nothing.

I thought everyone else was nuts for saying E30 did not make a big difference in power, because it was so obvious to me it made more power when used with my dirty injectors.
I know I seem to repeat myself.... STOP USEING E85 it is not worth the trouble for maybe 5 hp increase!

Your Mazda only needs 91 octane gas. It is NOT a sport engine and has too many miles to really push the torque based on your resent issues!

Old 06-19-2024, 09:50 AM

I found the SAE white paper that explains why using E85 mixed with normal gas, especially in stop and go traffic clogs injectors.

Old 06-19-2024, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
I know I seem to repeat myself.... STOP USEING E85 it is not worth the trouble for maybe 5 hp increase!

Your Mazda only needs 91 octane gas. It is NOT a sport engine and has too many miles to really push the torque based on your resent issues!
Yup only using 87-93 octane on these cars is the way to go.

Old 06-19-2024, 10:37 AM

Honestly you are not reading between the lines what i am telling you. Your engine is very worn and has carbon build up in various area's. The past owner(s) did not do apparently even the basic service on a scheduled and timely manner. You really want to use a fuel that does not support engine that are in less than factory specification for performance levels? This will and apparently has cause you problems. I have seen this so many times to know to recommend to most to STOP using any fuels for a gasoline street driven engine except for gasoline 89 -92 octane fuels.

I can say without a doubt that you will have more problems in the near future unless you start using ONLY gasoline and stop using any other none-gasoline fuels.

Your articles do not take into account or tested on an engine with more than 100k miles. And the control of those tests is based on an engine with NO issues found and pretested for complete specification of the auto manufactures specifications.

The bigger political picture is how many countries are slowly mandating increased level of what I call diluted DINO fuels with other mixes that will exponentially start to destroy higher mileage engine in large numbers globally.

Old 07-06-2024, 11:02 AM

I took a picture of cylinder 2 with a despetch camera.

Old 07-06-2024, 11:04 AM

Here are some pictures of intake valves on cylinder 2.

Old 07-06-2024, 11:07 AM

Picture of injector on cyl 2. I just had these cleaned spotless at RC fuel injectors, and they already have some junk on the tip.

Old 07-06-2024, 11:09 AM

P

Picture of exhaust valves from cylinder 2.

Old 07-06-2024, 11:14 AM

More pictures of piston in cylinder 2

Quick Reply: My cx-5 rips on 4~5 gallons e85 mixed with 91 octane gas - callisto can you weigh in?