Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

NAV street guidance freezes when using "display off" feature

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2020, 11:57 AM
Default NAV street guidance freezes when using "display off" feature

I have a 2018 CX-5 GT. Just upgraded the infotainment to V70 at the dealer. I have a new quirky issue... As you know, at night when I'm driving through cities/towns, street names appear at the top of the infotainment screen (boxed in red) and they change as you pass by each street. Now, if I want to go into settings and select "TURN OFF DISPLAY", the screen goes dark BUT the street name I most recently pass will FREEZE on the screen. So in essence the display really isn't completely shutting off. If I reactivate the full screen by pushing a button, the street name will unfreeze/update itself after about 5 seconds and things are back to normal. It's annoying because when this happens there are 2 problems: 1) I can't get the screen to completely shut off and 2) The street name appearing isn't even accurate. The only time I can get the "turn display off" function to work properly is when there is no street name appearing in the top line of the infotainment screen (like when driving on a highway or sitting in a parking lot).

So, the NAV street guidance is glitching and clashing with the " Turn display off" feature. Has anyone else experienced this problem since updating to V70? Would anyone on V70 be willing to see if that happens to them? Does anyone know of a solution or what might cause this?

Thanks!

Infotainment set to “Turn Display Off” Mode but GPS guidance still appears. It’s also frozen and won’t change street names as I drive.

Last edited by Bauer4665; 01-15-2020 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Added photo.
Old 04-07-2020, 01:46 PM
Question Anyone have this issue yet???

Just checking in on this issue. Has anyone come across this glitch when the NAV street guidance is glitching/clashing with the " Turn display off" feature? Please help. Mazda doesn't have an answer at this time.

Thanks!

Old 02-11-2021, 02:11 PM

Just for comparison ...

On a 2016.5 CX-5 GT, I'm frequently in the "Display Off" mode, myself.

If I have the radio going and un-mute it to start listening, it'll flash on the screen the volume level, then after a few moments it'll go dark. (Good.)

If I have an active Nav route being traveled and guidance is active, but then I've gone to the settings to set "Display Off," then it'll remain dark except for the little line at the top telling me the street I'm passing and it'll keep speaking to me with guidance. Once I halt the Nav route or have reached the destination, it'll stop visually showing me that one-liner indication of the street I'm passing.