Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New 2023 CX-5 today - and NO ISTOP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2022 | 07:01 PM
|
Default New 2023 CX-5 today - and NO ISTOP!

Wife & I took delivery of a NEW 2023 CX-5 today. I spent a good deal of time looking for the "ISTOP override button"....
Not on the column, to the right or left...
Nothing on the dash - lower left...
No reference in the owners manual....

Finally emailed the dealer. SHOCK - there IS no ISTOP on my VIN. I'm cheering . I don't CARE if this was an chip shortage issue... We have escaped auto start-stop!

Old 12-01-2022 | 11:52 AM

Nope the CX 5 does not have that in the US at least, I disliked that feature on my Subaru's.

Old 12-01-2022 | 04:32 PM

I don't want a car with IStop and don't plan on buying one in the future! That is a deal breaker for me!! Happily, none of our car have that "feature." I have driven loaner cars with it and it just seems to be unnecessary addition with little added value and a pain in the neck. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-01-2022 | 05:06 PM

I’ve owned two vehicles with the auto start/stop feature. It is a bit odd at first, but after a few days it becomes basically transparent - unless you insist on hating it. And in spite of opinions to the contrary, it does indeed add value with tests showing up to an 8% fuel savings. That may not matter to some drivers, but it does to the manufacturers’ CAFE and to the EPA. Mazda owners can feel lucky that at least they can defeat it - some makers don’t offer that option. Buy what you want of course, but realize that change is hard for some people - even if that change has value.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-fuel-savings/

https://newsroom.aaa.com/2014/07/aaa...rt-technology/

Old 12-03-2022 | 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
I’ve owned two vehicles with the auto start/stop feature. It is a bit odd at first, but after a few days it becomes basically transparent - unless you insist on hating it. And in spite of opinions to the contrary, it does indeed add value with tests showing up to an 8% fuel savings. That may not matter to some drivers, but it does to the manufacturers’ CAFE and to the EPA. Mazda owners can feel lucky that at least they can defeat it - some makers don’t offer that option. Buy what you want of course, but realize that change is hard for some people - even if that change has value.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...-fuel-savings/

https://newsroom.aaa.com/2014/07/aaa...rt-technology/
Excellent points, well stated.

Old 05-29-2023 | 09:31 AM

Thanks for posting this! I was just looking at photos of a 2023 CX-5 Turbo and noticed that the only button was the one to turn off the lane keep/departure safety crap (be nice if they got rid of that stuff, too).

Old 05-29-2023 | 09:43 AM

I've driven many rental cars with this feature and it's a real pain. Most of those cars have been in Florida and I hate it while stopped at a traffic light in hot weather than the car heats up inside until some type of sensor detects the car is getting warm inside and restarts the engine. Also I don't like that momentary lapse when you step on the accelerator and the car tends to jerk as it starts, goes into gear and then starts to move. The other issue its those cars typically require a higher level battery than a vehicle without that feature. Typically if there is a manual in the car I will look for the option to disable the feature. Usually as luck has it there is no book and I have to live with it for the length of my stay. Last car I drove with this feature was a Jeep Compass. It was a real dog.