Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New CX-5 seat comfort

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 02:49 PM

I am sure I will see you on other forums with other vehicles in mind.
As for why I am here well you have not been a member long enough for me to answer that. However if you did a little member research maybe you would get a better idea about what I might actually know? LOL
As for a long drive for the prudent buyer ever herd of the companies that RENT VEHCLES?
As for the rest of your comments WOW...... I never implied any of it nor did I get stuck with my MAZDA. ROLMAO!!!!!!!
As for other you still can't grasp the concept that the number are false to consider data because there are no checks and balances to the numbers.
It is also more human nature to complain first about something and less for those that just want to give positive posts on forums.
FYI Over 85% of vehicle forums new members join with a problem they want help on.

Good luck with hopefully will be a new MAZDA for you and please if you do rejoin and change your user name.

For others at least in the USA many like :
Enterprise
Alamo
National
Hertz

to name a few will often have new released vehicles and you can request to rent one. This is the one way to get an idea about a possible candidate for a new vehcle purchse.

Last edited by Callisto; 11-16-2023 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-16-2023, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Ever test drove or sat in a MCS 1st generation BMW/MINI Cooper S ?
But I suppose because technically they are built by BMW and not actual English anymore, they would be close to perfect seats. ??
I have. Don't remember the seats. Loved my S2000's seats as well. My current Z4M also has really comfortable seats. When I think of seat comfort though, the CX-5 does not come to mind. My '20 Frontier's seats are way more comfortable.

Old 11-16-2023, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Onthefence
Thanks for letting me know the information on this forum is useless, making it redundant
I guess that would include you
So, why are you here then?
Also, I have not bought a Mazda CX-5 yet, hence the research
Hence, the handle on the fence
I also stated that I can't get an idea of a long term drive from a simple test drive
This is the information I was looking for
Hence, the question from other people who own the vehicle , and drive it everyday for long distances for years
Who would be better to ask than them
Are they all lying, making up story's that there seats are hard, when they are not
Enjoy your CX-5's seat covered with cushions from Amazon, to make it comfortable, Lol
You got stuck with one, do to lack of research
I will not make your mistake
I will definitely say the CX-5's seats are not its best part. The 22 and up model years supposedly have modified seat cushions, but they look identical, so who knows. I have not driven a 22-24, but I would suggest as long of a test drive as you can, or try and rent one for a weekend. I first encountered the CX-5 when I rented one in 2017 from Enterprise.

Old 11-16-2023, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
I am sure I will see you on other forums with other vehicles in mind.
As for why I am here well you have not been a member long enough for me to answer that. However if you did a little member research maybe you would get a better idea about what I might actually know? LOL
As for a long drive for the prudent buyer ever herd of the companies that RENT VEHCLES?
As for the rest of your comments WOW...... I never implied any of it nor did I get stuck with my MAZDA. ROLMAO!!!!!!!
As for other you still can't grasp the concept that the number are false to consider data because there are no checks and balances to the numbers.
It is also more human nature to complain first about something and less for those that just want to give positive posts on forums.
FYI Over 85% of vehicle forums new members join with a problem they want help on.

Good luck with hopefully will be a new MAZDA for you and please if you do rejoin and change your user name.

For others at least in the USA many like :
Enterprise
Alamo
National
Hertz

to name a few will often have new released vehicles and you can request to rent one. This is the one way to get an idea about a possible candidate for a new vehcle purchse.
I have enough data to know the seats are hard from actual users, no need to rent a car
And I am leaving because of unhelpful ****s like yourself
Who just want someone to fence with
As well as rock hard seats that you cover with Amazon cushions, you said yourself
I simply wanted to know from actual users if the ****ing seats are ****ing hard
The ****ing answer is yes you ****ing retard
Don't you get it

Old 11-16-2023, 03:28 PM

I have enough data to know the seats are hard from actual users, no need to rent a car
And I am leaving because of unhelpful ****s like yourself
Who just want someone to fence with
As well as rock hard seats that you cover with Amazon cushions, you said yourself
I simply wanted to know from actual users if the ****ing seats are ****ing hard
The ****ing answer is yes you ****ing retard
Don't you get it
Its funny how easy it is to draw out the real personalities people have on the internet! ^^^^^ you are a perfect example of a keyboard warrior. An likely this is the only time you can get away with confronting a person in such a manner. ROLMAO
As for me covering my seats perhaps in your information research to check things you failed to see that I love my MAZDA seat so much that I had the seat covers (that is what the name for the material on the seat is) removed and Blue Ribbing stitched in place of the factory black and then the seat covers reinstalled back on my MAZDA seats.

But I can understand when some get older and no longer have the physically fit body, they once had the absolute necessity to have soften larger seats .... hahaha!

For all others Leather seats do wear in and get softer as the use of them increases. They do tend to start to get the shape of the person that drives the vehicle the most.

Old 11-16-2023, 08:27 PM

Maybe a little, but I would say my leather Mazda seats are not near as comfortable as other leather seats I have had over the years. After 22k miles, they are still really firm, especially on long trips. It's not my body type either (I am 165# and in good shape).

The OP really let that escalate quickly, eh? A "little" over the top with that last response.

Old 11-17-2023, 07:04 AM

Hello,
I am looking at the new CX-5 GX with cloth seats and every review states that the seats may be to firm for some
One compared them to a park bench
I find it hard to believe that Mazda would go to all the trouble of moving upscale, and then put uncomfortable seats in it
This is not something I can find out in a test drive around the block
Can anybody who has been on a long trip comment about the seat comfort front and rear
I don't care if the seats are firm, as long as they are not uncomfortable back breakers on a long road trip
Thanks
I suspect you're like everyone else and never slept on a mattress all night before buying it.
I have a very bad back and had to sell my motorcycles, boat and other riding toys.
I have zero issue with the seats in my CX-5 and find them very comfortable for short trips or all-day ones.
If you've had leather seats than you know there is no reason to ever go back to cloth.
Having said all that, it is still all personally subjective.
If you require a long drive to decided I would suggest renting a CX-5 for the day.

Too bad you find the need to use swearing and the use of politically incorrect insults.
Yet another person who is an example of what is wrong with society today.

Last edited by Lobstah; 11-17-2023 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-17-2023, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
If you've had leather seats than you know there is no reason to ever go back to cloth.
As far as passenger cars definitely. I will say that when it comes to pickup trucks I love cloth seats a lot better, but in this case with an upscale vehicle I want leather every time.

Old 11-17-2023, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Alexmed2002
As far as passenger cars definitely. I will say that when it comes to pickup trucks I love cloth seats a lot better, but in this case with an upscale vehicle I want leather every time.
Why do you prefer cloth in pickups? Just curious. I have a Frontier, and it does have cloth, but I would have preferred leather (it wasn't available on the model I bought, and I don't like aftermarket leather)

Old 11-17-2023, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by chickdr19
Why do you prefer cloth in pickups? Just curious. I have a Frontier, and it does have cloth, but I would have preferred leather (it wasn't available on the model I bought, and I don't like aftermarket leather)
Maybe just a personal preference?
I can remember a time I didn't like leather seats.. preferred vinyl. Now I don't think I would actively seek out cloth seat anymore?

Quick Reply: New CX-5 seat comfort