Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New CX-5 seat comfort

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2023, 03:58 PM
Default my bad

My bad im not taking the Polaris ,and i just found out the wife won't ride any more , and i prefer the Yamaha that too big and fast for her ,it fits me better and is faster.

Old 12-20-2023, 04:08 PM
Default Great truck

Originally Posted by Callisto
How funny I am looking at a 2006 Silverado for the wife?

Have a great time on your trip!
Thanks ,its been a great truck ,and was never let me down. The 06 has the 6 speed and the 05 has a 5 speed. No DEF on the 05 . Mine gets 16 mpg with the 5 speed, you might pick up a mpg or 2 with the 6 speed . FYI the AC is the absolute coldest of any vehicle i have ever driven.

Last edited by THE CHIEF; 12-20-2023 at 04:18 PM. Reason: ok
Old 12-20-2023, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
Thanks ,its been a great truck ,and was never let me down. The 06 has the 6 speed and the 05 has a 5 speed. No DEF on the 05 . Mine gets 16 mpg with the 5 speed, you might pick up a mpg or 2 with the 6 speed . FYI the AC is the absolute coldest of any vehicle i have ever driven.
Thank you! I appreciate the valued input.

Old 12-20-2023, 08:09 PM

'Seat comfort' is an interesting subject. In general I believe that automobile brands and footwear brands these days tend to design-produce products that 'feel comfortable' when first tried. That is a soft cushiony seat of or soft cushiony footwear insole will help sell the product.
But 50 years ago iconic brands such as Mercedes and Birkenstock actually created customer loyalty by producing relatively firm-hard car seats and footbeds. These days brand new Mercedes seats are soft and so are Birkenstock footbeds, and as the months and years go by they became softer, to the point where the softness becomes sloppy and actually unhealthy for many consumers.
Mazda's 1st generation 2013-2016 CX-5 had very firm-hard seats which retained their integrity year after year. With the 2017 introduction of CX-5 second generation came seats that were a bit softer, presumably to help make a positive first impression on new buyers, but I believe in the long run the softer seats are a negative rather than a positive. That said, even after Mazda made their seats softer they are still firmer than what Toyota, Honda, Nissan compact SUV's provide.

Old 12-21-2023, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
And with the bench seat and without the console the possibilities were unlimited parked or driving . Those of us who were there and very fondly remember ,you know what i mean .
Personally, I'm ambidextrous with vehicles.
I found my 750 Honda seat to be nearly as comfortable as the average car bench seat.
But neither compared in comfort to the cargo area of my Rambler station wagon or my Dodge panel van with the correct accessories installed

Old 12-21-2023, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by CX-MX-5
'Seat comfort' is an interesting subject. That said, even after Mazda made their seats softer, they are still firmer than what Toyota, Honda, Nissan compact SUV's provide.
You may want to actually do some research about whom some of these auto manufactures get their seat made from and were the material comes from.
And comparing them to shoes???? rolmao??? I am lucky if I get 7 months because of my flat feet/fallen arches with any brand shoe ever!

I have posted before about some aspects of vehicle production in that auto manufacture take surveys from their customers and will implement suggestion in the upcoming production line models. Seats are often changed by auto manufacture often directly influenced by those surveys. So one would say ........
****'s in the drivers seat vary from year to year.