Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New CX-5 wind noise after ppf

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2023, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
You may have to remove the film, or turn up the radio if it annoys you . Just kidding , this is very bizarre and strange .Never heard or seen anything like this B4. Is it possible the window tint installation stops the windows from sealing properly ?
NO NO NO DON'T REMOVE THE FILM!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Yup got me stumped?????
I do need to look at a 2023 Mazda and see about the weird none matting body parts area in the picture?

The other thing is generally I don't get into thread helping that really needs to be IN THE REAL WORLD for diagnosing things. I HATE GUESSING!!!!

Old 01-20-2023, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
NO NO NO DON'T REMOVE THE FILM!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Yup got me stumped?????
I do need to look at a 2023 Mazda and see about the weird none matting body parts area in the picture?

The other thing is generally I don't get into thread helping that really needs to be IN THE REAL WORLD for diagnosing things. I HATE GUESSING!!!!
No worries. Yeah, impossible to diagnose online. Just didn’t know if anyone else had run into this and found the answer.

I’ll update on here after the dealer gives their 2 cents.

Old 01-21-2023, 02:56 AM
BWJ

It can't be ??? because the film seems to be rougher than the original varnish.

Old 01-21-2023, 08:47 AM

Crank up the stereo...

Old 01-21-2023, 10:05 AM
Old 01-21-2023, 11:41 AM
Talking My 2023 is quiet

I very much doubt it is a problem with 2023 CX5s .Mine has the windows tinted and has no film and is quiet as a tomb ,even at highway speeds. It is one of the things I like about the CX5.

Old 01-21-2023, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by THE CHIEF
I very much doubt it is a problem with 2023 CX5s .Mine has the windows tinted and has no film and is quiet as a tomb ,even at highway speeds. It is one of the things I like about the CX5.
Exactly. Mine was as well, which is why it has been so disappointing to now have excessive wind noise all the time.

Old 01-21-2023, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by jtpc2000
Exactly. Mine was as well, which is why it has been so disappointing to now have excessive wind noise all the time.
Did you check the rubberize foam insulator in the doors to see if they got pushed back into the fender by accident ? There is also foam insulators under the hood where the hinge is you should check as well.

I know I am reaching at this point with idea's.....

Old 01-24-2023, 01:00 PM

So dealer looked it it, but it is raining today, so they couldn’t hear the noise. They said seals look normal. So that was a waste of time.

Old 01-25-2023, 09:23 AM

You say that you had the windows tinted. Has anyone checked the seals around the window glass? A miniscule gap will cause a lot of wind noise. Close the windows and put some low adhesive painters tape around the window edges on the inside and go for a drive. If the noise goes away, the installer should be able to cut the tint back enough to give a better seal without affecting the visible tint. PPF on the hood, bumpers and headlights couldn't cause any wind noise that you'd be able to hear.

Quick Reply: New CX-5 wind noise after ppf