Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New CX5 - Stain on Dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 07:04 PM
Default New CX5 - Stain on Dashboard

Hello fellow Mazda members,

I took delivery of a new Mazda CX-5 and I am seeing a stain or discoloration on the upper part of the dashboard. I tried to remove it using p&s interior cleaning, but no luck.

https://psdetailproducts.com/products/xpress-interior-cleaner-doubleblack-collection

What this could be? Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 03-14-2022, 07:49 PM

Impossible to tell from the photo. When I picked up my ‘21 the dealer had done a spotty job of applying Armor all or whatever protectant they used, resulting in an uneven glossyness. Not sure if this is your issue, but I applied a good coat of Aerospace 303 and that made the dash look even.

Old 03-14-2022, 08:01 PM

Thank you CarpeDiem. I reckon dealer applied some sort of cleaning agent and did a poor job of wiping it out, and let it dry, given the entire car had swirl marks when I took the car out in bright sunlight.

Yeah. I will try to take a better picture and paste it here. And I will give Aerospace 303 a shot.

Old 03-15-2022, 01:49 PM
BWJ

Dont use anything but mild soap water (3 drops dishwashing liquid
in lukewarm water in a bucket)

Old 03-15-2022, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by BWJ
Dont use anything but mild soap water (3 drops dishwashing liquid
in lukewarm water in a bucket)
Thank you so much. I have never used mild soap water for cleaning. Thanks. Is it safe? I will give it a shot today and reply here.

Old 03-15-2022, 02:22 PM
BWJ

From manual:

Instrument Panel Top (Soft pad) Maintenance

Extremely soft material is used for the soft pad surface. If the soft pad surface is rubbed harshly with a dry cloth, it could result in the surface being damaged and leaving white scratch marks.
  1. Wipe the soiled area with a soft cloth soaked in a mild detergent (approx. 5%) diluted with water.
  2. Wipe off the remaining detergent using a cloth soaked in clean water and wrung out well.

I have no issues what so ever

Old 03-16-2022, 09:15 AM

My go to for interior cleaning is a spray bottle with Woolite diluted 6:1 with water. Smells great and does a good job.

Old 03-16-2022, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by BWJ
From manual:

Instrument Panel Top (Soft pad) Maintenance

Extremely soft material is used for the soft pad surface. If the soft pad surface is rubbed harshly with a dry cloth, it could result in the surface being damaged and leaving white scratch marks.
  1. Wipe the soiled area with a soft cloth soaked in a mild detergent (approx. 5%) diluted with water.
  2. Wipe off the remaining detergent using a cloth soaked in clean water and wrung out well.

I have no issues what so ever
I don’t think I managed to remove it.

Last edited by michael.satish; 03-16-2022 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:25 AM

Mine also looks very slightly discolored in the same spot but it's barely noticeable- I don't mind its only a car...The house would bother me more!

Old 03-16-2022, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Subperson
Mine also looks very slightly discolored in the same spot but it's barely noticeable- I don't mind its only a car...The house would bother me more!
I agree. But I paid a lot of money for a new car and I expect the car to be perfect. Never had problems with my other new cars. Bummer.

Quick Reply: New CX5 - Stain on Dashboard