Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New CX5 - Stain on Dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2022, 12:04 PM

So I decided to try some 303 with a soft microfiber cloth- it blended in perfectly- I figured I had nothing to lose. I wonder if it is indeed poorly applied something during the
dealer prep as suggested above.
Thank you for the 303 mention.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by michael.satish
I agree. But I paid a lot of money for a new car and I expect the car to be perfect. Never had problems with my other new cars. Bummer.
eh- I figure it will be only be perfect for a very short period of time- It will get dirty, A few stone chips etc quick enough... I figure we did not purchase high end vehicles so it's not so bad..

Old 03-16-2022, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Subperson
So I decided to try some 303 with a soft microfiber cloth- it blended in perfectly- I figured I had nothing to lose. I wonder if it is indeed poorly applied something during the
dealer prep as suggested above.
Thank you for the 303 mention.
Your discoloration issue resolved by applying Aerospace 303?

Old 03-16-2022, 01:21 PM

Yes It blended it all in perfectly- I tried a white cloth like a paper towel just softer and it did not really help- I used the Microfiber and it was much better- I can still see it if I really look but it turned out nice. At least give it a try I would think? On a side note- I tried Armor All first- really did not help

Old 03-16-2022, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Subperson
Yes It blended it all in perfectly- I tried a white cloth like a paper towel just softer and it did not really help- I used the Microfiber and it was much better- I can still see it if I really look but it turned out nice. At least give it a try I would think? On a side note- I tried Armor All first- really did not help
Wonderful. I will give it a shot.

Is this the product you used?
Amazon Amazon

Old 03-16-2022, 01:54 PM
BWJ

But be careful
"• WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer"

Old 03-16-2022, 10:07 PM

Yeah, you may want to avoid these products too, which also contain the same warning:

Armor All
Alcoholic beverages
Cannabis products
Diesel engine exhaust
Erasers
Lipstick
Pearl products
Plastic watches
Wooden chairs

You’ve been warned!

Old 03-17-2022, 06:37 AM

I am hoping it helped for sure- a day or so later- Still looks ok.

Old 03-17-2022, 10:40 AM

I bet the adhesive on the California warning stickers also causes cancer.

Old 03-17-2022, 12:15 PM

Try to stay away from any products that have any petroleum ingredients. Cleaners and treatments with *Alcohol use with caution alcohol is not a friend to interiors in most vehicles especially newer MAZDAs. It is great for disinfecting, but you should follow up with a leather treatment cremes or liquids that will work very well on both leather and none leather material like plastics, rubber, silicone and vinyl . Anything you use on the dash may also off gas and cause a slight film to build up on the windshield so you may be cleaning your windshield. But that ok if you can make the dash look good.

California requires the labeling of any products that can cause birth defects and cancer. Been like that for a few decades now. We Californians don't think twice about it anymore.

One of the ingredients of 303 is basically alcohol... so use that product with caution.

And yes I realize what the claim use of many products are in their advertising . But I also know and have access to many cleaning products proprietary ingredients .

Just read that I only recommended to use with caution......

Last edited by Callisto; 03-17-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: New CX5 - Stain on Dashboard