Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New guy with a 2021 Signature. What are some good all weather floor and cargo mats?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 07:18 PM
Default New guy with a 2021 Signature. What are some good all weather floor and cargo mats?

Had the car a little over 2 months now and it has been great.
Anyway, I want to add some tough and good fitting all weather floor mats (I admit I'm kind of disappointed the car didn't come with them).
I keep reading Weather Tech and Husky are the go to on most cars.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 07-18-2021, 08:46 PM

I have the stock Mazda ones and am happy with them.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:36 AM

WeatherTech, they will last the lifetime of your car.

Old 07-19-2021, 08:53 AM
Old 07-19-2021, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by 2018 Sport
WeatherTech, they will last the lifetime of your car.
Agreed
There were some fit issues initially with the WeatherTech Cargo mat, by the time I purchased mine they had taken care of the problem.

Old 07-19-2021, 10:39 AM

• Mazda OEM cargo mat is worth investigating just because they have flaps for the triangular storage (although I think they are somewhat small).
  • Consider if the cargo hooks are useful, and whether the mat you choose offers the option to access them. Many do offer cutouts.
  • WeatherTech is nice, but I find the Husky has higher dead pedal coverage, vs Weathertech 60% coverage.
  • Maxpider seems to be the nicest looking with good dead pedal coverage. I have not actually seen what the material is like...
  • Another option, is the Soft Cargo Cover Part No. 0000-8K-R06, which is canvas like piece cut out to fit the seat backs and the carpeted trunk area, with a flap that can flap over the bumper during loading and unloading, and you can fold it under the when not in use carpeted trunk area. It protects the seat back and goes up and down with them with no adjustments, provides access to the LATCH hooks for car seats. and can be used with any brand rubber like cargo trays

Old 07-20-2021, 02:54 PM

And I will give you my pick - Oedro - I was going to get the Maxspider, but they were out of stock and I have the Oedro's in my Frontier. Very happy with my purchase. They have excellent coverage. https://www.oedro.com/oedro-floor-ma...ull-set-liners

The OEM Mazda cargo mat is the way to go as explained above. Has all the customization needed to take advantage of the small storage areas and hooks.

As an aside I have a set of the OEM all weather mats front and rear if you are interested. They are in great shape (used in my 2019 CX-5) - I will make you a deal.

You mentioned being disappointed about them not being included. Some folks prefer carpet mats and they are the standard so this is what typically comes with the car (my GTR had a set of carpet mats in the trunk which I never opened - I bought the Oedro's right away). I asked the dealer for a set for my '19 when I leased it and they threw them in.

Last edited by chickdr19; 07-20-2021 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:36 PM

I got weatherTech lazer measured front mats. very good, high quality.
As I very rarely have anyone in the rear, I just got some proper sized general mats from
Fleet Farm/Farm and Fleet. The rear cargo area I've left as is..

My 2¢

Old 07-21-2021, 03:23 PM

I ordered Weather Teck for my 2016. Don't like the way they fit and they do not snap down as they should.

Old 07-22-2021, 02:37 PM

Call them. They will try to make it right, up to and including return.

Quick Reply: New guy with a 2021 Signature. What are some good all weather floor and cargo mats?