Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

New Owner - add on questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Default New Owner - add on questions

We're now a owner for a new 2016 mazda cx-5 awd sport for a few days now. I've done a little searching on this forum while trying to understand how to navigate through it for some answers. So I figure I could just ask for a more updated answer.

1. We're looking to buy Window Deflectors for the four doors. Mazda was offering it at 269.99. but weathertech is offering it for 100 for all four. anybody on here with experiences on how they fit on the new cx5? no troubles rolling windows up/down? or are there better alternatives that are not just stick ons?

2. Painting the mazda logos front and back black. I've read that the front logo is a clip on but how about the back? and also any tips on painting it black?

3. Dead Pedal/foot rest. we've noticed that it was just carpeted on that section of the floor. any links for a plastic or metal foot rest and how it would be installed?

4. hid's. my fiance (the driver of the cx5) complained it her lights doesnt seem bright enough. Im guessing they're not Hid's. any reputable links for good hid's and specs i should shop for? don't want it to melt the housing or discolor the housing or anything.

so far that's it. any help would be great. thank you in advance.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:27 PM

I've always used Vent Visor brand. They are the tape on style and I have never had a problem with them. I did look for them and apparently, they do not make them for the CX-5. On the other hand, Weather Tech is a very trusted brand and I wouldn't be afraid at all to try them. Clean surface, alcohol prep pad and test fit them before you pull the tape so you know exactly how there going to sit. Don't want to put one on so the window hits it. Yep, been there, done that.