Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

No Wireless Apple CarPlay in 2022 CX-5?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2022, 09:20 AM
Default No Wireless Apple CarPlay in 2022 CX-5?

I purchased a 2022 Turbo yesterday and It appears that the 2022 CX-5 does not have wireless Apple CarPlay as a standard feature. Maybe the Signature will, but the Turbo does not seem to, unless I’m doing it wrong.

Last edited by Hyperion77; 02-20-2022 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Presumptuous, modified to be inquisitive.
Old 02-20-2022, 11:05 AM

Nope. None of the CX-5's here have wireless AA/CP. The strange thing is it was available via a firmware upgrade (and nope, you can't do it in the US- at least not that I have found) in Canada for '21 CX-5's. No idea why they wouldn't have included it with all the other upgrades since it is obviously already possible.

Old 02-20-2022, 10:25 PM

I would bet there is a licensing issue involved.

Old 02-21-2022, 03:30 AM

There is a shortage of components for wireless apple car play. Its the same reason any new Audi has returned back to wired apple car play. I also installed wired apple car play in my girlfriends 2002 Protege.

Heres why its pointless having wireless apple car play.

You need to charge your phone. So what do you do? You plug it in lol. So it defeats the purpose of being wireless isnt it, So if you have wireless apple car play you now need a magnetic charger. Ooh I wonder what you gonna do when that stops working...more money more money more money.

Use wired or install after market.

Old 02-21-2022, 08:10 AM

I had the same thought as wapwapwap, but then it occurred to me most of the drives I take are less than 15min (I am 5 miles from my office for example) so wireless would be nice as I wouldn't have a need to charge the phone on such a short drive. My phone also does not have wireless charging anyway so a cord is required if I want to charge it (one of the other reasons I haven't done anything about it yet) . I figure I will be buying a wireless AA/CP dongle at some point since this will achieve the same result. My current phone is still on Android 10 anyway so wireless AA isn't even supported.

Old 02-21-2022, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Wapwapwap
There is a shortage of components for wireless apple car play. Its the same reason any new Audi has returned back to wired apple car play. I also installed wired apple car play in my girlfriends 2002 Protege.

Heres why its pointless having wireless apple car play.

You need to charge your phone. So what do you do? You plug it in lol. So it defeats the purpose of being wireless isnt it, So if you have wireless apple car play you now need a magnetic charger. Ooh I wonder what you gonna do when that stops working...more money more money more money.

Use wired or install after market.
Turbo models come equipped with a wireless charger that works just fine for iPhones. The useless part is not having wireless Apple CarPlay, since plugging in my phones negates the use of the wireless charger.

Old 02-24-2022, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Hyperion77
Turbo models come equipped with a wireless charger that works just fine for iPhones. The useless part is not having wireless Apple CarPlay, since plugging in my phones negates the use of the wireless charger.
Ya but when those wireless chargers stop charging its going to be a pain in the *** to replace. I was going to go wireless in my protege project but then Id have to retrofit a wireless charger or the wireless apple car play would be useless and having the phone plugged and left in the glovebox will stop my gf touching her phone when driving lol.

Old 03-20-2022, 10:49 AM

Live in canada . Got a cx5 GT turbo with wireless carplay.

Last edited by thatguy; 03-20-2022 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-20-2022, 11:47 AM

I assume you don't have the 10.25" screen?

Old 03-20-2022, 02:44 PM

right

Quick Reply: No Wireless Apple CarPlay in 2022 CX-5?