Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

No Wireless Apple CarPlay in 2022 CX-5?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hyperion77
I purchased a 2022 Turbo yesterday and It appears that the 2022 CX-5 does not have wireless Apple CarPlay as a standard feature. Maybe the Signature will, but the Turbo does not seem to, unless I’m doing it wrong.
There are wireless dongles you can a pick up on Amazon (and even Crutchfield) for about $100 but reviews are just so so

Old 03-21-2022, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Erilflynn
There are wireless dongles you can a pick up on Amazon (and even Crutchfield) for about $100 but reviews are just so so
Be very careful with those! I had a CarPlay2Air and most recently a Carlinkit and both were pretty awful. Constant disconnects in 2 different vehicles, frozen infotainment, and horrendous customer support. Long story, but as long as you buy from Amazon and return within their window you should be ok to at least try it. My issue was I bought directly from Carlinkit and their return policy was absolutely abysmal.

Kia says that the 10.25 inch screens can't have wireless carplay due to a licensing issue with Apple. Not sure how true that is but that's the only explanation they give for why they don't include it with their larger screens.

Old 03-21-2022, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by MotoChooch
Be very careful with those! I had a CarPlay2Air and most recently a Carlinkit and both were pretty awful. Constant disconnects in 2 different vehicles, frozen infotainment, and horrendous customer support. Long story, but as long as you buy from Amazon and return within their window you should be ok to at least try it. My issue was I bought directly from Carlinkit and their return policy was absolutely abysmal.

Kia says that the 10.25 inch screens can't have wireless carplay due to a licensing issue with Apple. Not sure how true that is but that's the only explanation they give for why they don't include it with their larger screens.
That’s interesting about Kia. The two dongles you mentioned are probably the 2 most popular. I’m thinking about trying the Crux one that’s on Crutchfield which has stellar customer service and a 60 day return.

Old 03-21-2022, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by thatguy
Live in canada . Got a cx5 GT turbo with wireless carplay.
I just got mine today - Sport Design with Turbo (which i think is just a GT upgrade). And i do not see wireless carplay option. And it feels very very annoying!

Wondering what version is your "System Software".. mine shows 11038.

EDIT: I just found you in another thread, you probably got a 2021 model. I have 2022.

Last edited by dpkg; 03-21-2022 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-13-2022, 07:55 AM

Thanks for the advice. I had no background in business strategies. However, I yearned to run my own company, which is why I began looking for the greatest advice on Google. And I found this article on technomantic.com/how-to-create-a-bussines-plan-for-a-franchise/. With the aid of this article, I launched my own business. They used strategies created by professionals to make that firm profitable.

Last edited by CrystalLepley; 10-20-2022 at 05:32 AM.
Old 10-15-2022, 11:01 AM
Default Wireless Carplay Dongle

I've been searching for a wireless CarPlay dongle to use in my 2022 CX5. After searching and reading various forms, user groups and viewing many You Tube videos, I took the plunge and ordered a Ottocast U2-AIR. I purchased it from Amazon for $109.95. From what I've read, many of these CarPlay dongles work but have issues. The U2-AIR works flawlessly from what I've experienced. Voice commands, using Siri to generate hands free texts and phone calls, Google Maps, streaming music and navigating back and forth between CarPlay and Mazda's internal system, I've experienced zero issues. This device functions flawlessly. I've used the unit for about a month and have less than 1000 miles on the vehicle but so far so good.

Old 12-14-2022, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by ahoshizaki
I've been searching for a wireless CarPlay dongle to use in my 2022 CX5. After searching and reading various forms, user groups and viewing many You Tube videos, I took the plunge and ordered a Ottocast U2-AIR. I purchased it from Amazon for $109.95. From what I've read, many of these CarPlay dongles work but have issues. The U2-AIR works flawlessly from what I've experienced. Voice commands, using Siri to generate hands free texts and phone calls, Google Maps, streaming music and navigating back and forth between CarPlay and Mazda's internal system, I've experienced zero issues. This device functions flawlessly. I've used the unit for about a month and have less than 1000 miles on the vehicle but so far so good.
Can you please share your infotainment's firmware version? Mine is 74 and the dongles I have tried (mainly carlinkit) were a complete trash.

Old 12-14-2022, 08:42 AM

They're all trash. Apple doesn't officially support this functionality so these manufacturers are relying on hacks to make them work. I have tried a couple and they've all just been terrible. Frequent disconnects, and on one car it would crash the entire infotainment system. Plug it in and be done

Old 12-14-2022, 10:20 AM

I thought the 2023 models are getting wireless Apple and Android in the US models?

Old 12-15-2022, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by MotoChooch
They're all trash. Apple doesn't officially support this functionality so these manufacturers are relying on hacks to make them work. I have tried a couple and they've all just been terrible. Frequent disconnects, and on one car it would crash the entire infotainment system. Plug it in and be done
Yes it seems so.

I emailed a few questions to the "technical support" of that Ottocast thing. the reply I got was complete garbage.

Quick Reply: No Wireless Apple CarPlay in 2022 CX-5?