Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

premium package worth it ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 08:12 PM
Default premium package worth it ?

If you have the heads up display, ventilated seats, power folding mirrors etc.... is it worth the $1,600 upcharge ?

Old 12-14-2021, 02:44 AM

If you need those things, then yes.
If you don't need those things, then no.

Old 12-14-2021, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Flight Risk
If you need those things, then yes.
If you don't need those things, then no.
Considering that you replied to my post I assume you have on your Mazda the premium package. Have you found the heads up display, ventilated seats, power folding mirrors etc... useful and worth the price ?

Old 12-14-2021, 07:09 AM

I have it for my daughter, the heads-up display is great. I bought a nav card online for $49 and now it reads speed and stop signs. I love the ventilated seats and was the main reason to buy it. I can never own a car with leather seats without heat and ventilation. Comparing Toyota and Honda I thought 1600 was a good deal.

Old 12-14-2021, 07:37 AM
Thumbs up

I'm a great fan of the heads-up display! I absolutely love that the critical information I need/want while driving is right there in front of me--speed limit, vehicle speed, blind-spot coverage and a bright yellow line if my car strays out of its lane. Stop signs and warnings of traffic light cameras too, but I can do without the warning of traffic light cameras. All info is right there in front of me with no need to take my eyes off the road. A great boon to safe driving IMHO.

That alone is with the $1600 to me. Since i tend to keep cars about 10 years or more, $160/year seems a good bargain! But your mileage may vary.

MiltB

Old 12-14-2021, 08:06 AM

For the 2021 premium package does the heads up display include speed/stop signs or does that feature require an extra purchase ?

Old 12-14-2021, 08:41 AM

My 2021 CX-5 HUD includes stop signs, but I have the optional roadmap chip and it's possible the stop sign feature is embedded in that. I'm sure others love the Mazda GPS navigation system, but I found the Mazda nav system less capable and harder to use than the Garmin GPS I had before buying the Mazda, so I use the Garmin for navigation.

MiltB

Old 12-14-2021, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by CMX5
For the 2021 premium package does the heads up display include speed/stop signs or does that feature require an extra purchase ?
Its an extra purchase(SD card for the nav system which also gives you speed limits and stop signs (and directions in the HUD). You don't have to pay the 400 bucks the dealer asks for it though. Cards are readily available on Amazon for 50 or less. As others have said- it is a personal preference. I love the extra features in the PP. It also has rear heated seats which are nice for a car in this class.

Old 12-14-2021, 10:14 AM

Thanks to all who posted helpful replies, it is appreciated.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:20 PM

Hello,
I have the PP on my 2021 CX 5 GT. Well worth it to me.

Power folding side mirrors, (not a huge thing for me), however,

De-Icing along the outer edges and bottom of the front windshield. Helps keep wiper blades from accumulating ice,

Heated steering wheel,

Heads-up display,

Ventilated front seats,

Heated rear seats.

Last edited by Fendercx5; 12-15-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Quick Reply: premium package worth it ?