Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

premium package worth it ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 12:33 AM

Had the Heads-up display on the last five vehicles I've owned and would hate not having it.
Folding mirrors, not a biggie for me.
Only quibble is that the turn signals don't show up in the heads-up. That would be great.
I live in the snow belt so the heated steering wheel is a big plus.

My 2¢

Old 12-15-2021, 08:53 AM
Default Absolutely worth it!

I love the PP upgrades, and for me they are absolutely worth it. I have vowed never again to buy a car that does not have a HUD and heated steering wheel. Other features are nice, but those two are outstanding, one for safety, one for comfort.

Old 12-15-2021, 02:28 PM
BWJ

If you have once tried HUD, you will not do without it, shows traffic coming from behind, navigation, with lane assist, signs, speed limits, your speed, etc. Seat ventilation is indispensable in the summer and rear seat passengers will appreciate the seat heating in the winter.

Old 12-20-2021, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Skisurf1
I have it for my daughter, the heads-up display is great. I bought a nav card online for $49 and now it reads speed and stop signs. I love the ventilated seats and was the main reason to buy it. I can never own a car with leather seats without heat and ventilation. Comparing Toyota and Honda I thought 1600 was a good deal.
hey I love the active display…just curious if the Nav” card allows display for speed limit and stop signs thru the active display or just the screen monitor? If thru “active display” what card did you buy? Thanks!

Old 12-20-2021, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by CMX5
Considering that you replied to my post I assume you have on your Mazda the premium package. Have you found the heads up display, ventilated seats, power folding mirrors etc... useful and worth the price ?
the only thing I haven’t used as much as I thought is the ventilated seats. Regardless I think the package is well worth it! I use the heated seats all the time…the heads up (active) display is really nice!!

Old 12-20-2021, 07:08 PM

Yes it added speed limit and signs in HUD and dash.

Old 12-20-2021, 07:10 PM
Old 12-21-2021, 07:22 AM

If you have the heads up display, ventilated seats, power folding mirrors etc.... is it worth the $1,600 upcharge ?
I think so. The seats are nice on a hot summer day, the mirrors less likely to get damaged, and the head up display is a great help in getting info without taking your eyes off the road. I'd always thought the display was a gimmick, but now that I have it I really appreciate it.

Old 12-21-2021, 07:23 AM

If you have the heads up display, ventilated seats, power folding mirrors etc.... is it worth the $1,600 upcharge ?
I think so. The seats are nice on a hot summer day, the mirrors less likely to get damaged, and the head up display is a great help in getting info without taking your eyes off the road. I'd always thought the display was a gimmick, but now that I have it I really appreciate it.

Old 12-25-2021, 06:59 PM

Thanks to all who provided helpful replies Yesterday my son drove home from the dealer store a 2021 CX-5 GT with the premium package.

Quick Reply: premium package worth it ?