Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Pulsating dome lights with turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2021 | 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Um well although not accurate it is still used. Like how often we call things and people a "WING NUT"

Maybe you should look it up having to do with vehicles and other meaning? It is the same thing when other countries use the term Bonnet or spell tire, TYRE

Meaning of bad earth connection in cars? - AnswersA bad "earth" connection means a poor ground connection to the earth which is not technically how it works in cars. This would be the appropriate way to say something for homes or systems connected physically to the ground.

A bad ground connection in cars simply means that there is one or more grounding wires that have a loose, corroded, or otherwise faulty connection.

This can adversely affect vehicle performance depending on what circuits use the ground. When there is a poor ground connection there is more resistance in the circuit that needs it (not good). There can also be an intermittent connection which will also cause issues.

Ground connections may come loose from age if they are bolted in place or become rusted.

A shop manual for the specific vehicle should have detailed information on where every single ground connection is on the car.

also:
Signs and symptoms of poor earth connection in a car battery (ehow.co.uk)
Thanks for the explanation of 'earth ground'. Did you happen to notice my winky face?

I've worked in (and retired from) the electronics field for more than 30 years, I'm aware.