Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Purchase price 2022 CX5 in NY. NOT lease prices

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 07:54 PM
Default Purchase price 2022 CX5 in NY. NOT lease prices

Looking to buy a 2022 CX5 in NY ( on Long Island ) any feedback about local dealers ?

Old 04-24-2022, 04:44 PM

I was carless and needed a car, but there was no inventory at the manufacturers that I originally wanted. While surfing the web, I came across Garden City Mazda in Hempstead, Long Island.
In late November, I noticed that Garden City Mazda had inventory, so I figured I might be able to negotiate a price close to, or at MSRP. All other dealers were adding a dealer mark-up, which I had never paid before. It was infuriating.
Long story short, the sales person was semi knowledgeable with regards to the information on the CX-5, so go in knowing your stuff. The finance guy tried very hard to add to the MSRP price, but I stayed firm, however be very careful. I did buy the extended warranty, so I have a 7-yr warranty. They threw in the mats and wheel locks.
NOTE: They said I could only buy the factory extended warranty at the time of initial purchase. This was very odd to me and I had never purchased the extended factory warranty this way before.
This is a horrible time to buy a car. Garden City Mazda was sufficiently good, that I was able to purchase a 2021 CX-5 GT Reserve at MSRP. I did not feel like I got ripped off in the current environment. I hope to keep this car for at about 5 years. So far this Mazda has been very reliable, but I dont really drive too much.

Old 04-25-2022, 07:14 AM

If you are willing to travel a bit, Towne Mazda in Orchard Park, NY was great to deal with and went below sticker. No problems at all.

Old 04-25-2022, 08:02 AM

Thank you both. Yes willing to travel - just trying to find an ok deal.

Old 04-25-2022, 09:05 AM

They went 1K under sticker for me so I thought it was a good price

Old 05-25-2022, 11:30 AM

I'm in the area and also taking to Towne. Bob Johnson in Rochester as well. Will report back on who's giving good numbers and info.

Old 05-25-2022, 11:59 AM

I also went to Bob Johnson but felt Towne was much easier to deal with- Zero pressure and correct answers

Old 05-25-2022, 12:02 PM

Good to hear thanks. Looking this weekend into next week

Old 05-25-2022, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Kawi
I'm in the area and also taking to Towne. Bob Johnson in Rochester as well. Will report back on who's giving good numbers and info.
thank you !

Old 05-27-2022, 07:34 AM

Recently purchased a Signature Turbo from Wantagh Mazda on Long Island, MSRP minus $500 Mazda loyalty discount. Simple no pressure transaction done primarily on-line; no add-ons, unwanted options, etc.
Salesman was Charlie.

Quick Reply: Purchase price 2022 CX5 in NY. NOT lease prices