Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Question on 360 Cameras 2021 CX 5

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 01:31 PM
Default Question on 360 Cameras 2021 CX 5

I just picked up my new 2021 Signature CX 5 and have to admit I am pleasantly surprised with everything so far. I have been leasing Acura RDX's and MDX's since 2005 but have decided to retire this August and as such wanted to move to an owned and more affordable car. My brother had moved to the Mazda and he is actually the Salesman who sold me my Acura's as he works at their dealership.
I went with the Signature mainly because I had lots of features with my 2019 RDX and I did not want to completely go back to a more typical limited feature vehicle. I knew I did not want to purchase a Mid Size SUV that had a CVT Transmission. I've driven them and hate the way they drive. My brother felt the Mazda CX 5 would be the right choice. After 3 days of owning it, I agree. I'll get to judge it greater this coming weekend as I am heading out to a graduation which is 3 hours away.

Anyway, my question is the operation of the 360 Cameras. I am seeing when I back out of a parking spot or driveway, it pops in as soon as I am in Reverse which is what one would expect. What is different for me is when I begin to drive forward, the front camera view stays on until I hit about 9 MPH. Is that normal behavior? Can that setting be changed if I don't want that view?

Just curious. I couldn't find anything related to that question in the forum search and the manual really doesn't help.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 05-17-2021, 09:49 PM

A salesman explained to me that was the way the feature works, I didn't ask it it was user adjustable as I didn't buy a Signature level. Like the feature but wife didn't like the interior.

Old 05-18-2021, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by jwbankson
I just picked up my new 2021 Signature CX 5 and have to admit I am pleasantly surprised with everything so far. I have been leasing Acura RDX's and MDX's since 2005 but have decided to retire this August and as such wanted to move to an owned and more affordable car. My brother had moved to the Mazda and he is actually the Salesman who sold me my Acura's as he works at their dealership.
I went with the Signature mainly because I had lots of features with my 2019 RDX and I did not want to completely go back to a more typical limited feature vehicle. I knew I did not want to purchase a Mid Size SUV that had a CVT Transmission. I've driven them and hate the way they drive. My brother felt the Mazda CX 5 would be the right choice. After 3 days of owning it, I agree. I'll get to judge it greater this coming weekend as I am heading out to a graduation which is 3 hours away.

Anyway, my question is the operation of the 360 Cameras. I am seeing when I back out of a parking spot or driveway, it pops in as soon as I am in Reverse which is what one would expect. What is different for me is when I begin to drive forward, the front camera view stays on until I hit about 9 MPH. Is that normal behavior? Can that setting be changed if I don't want that view?

Just curious. I couldn't find anything related to that question in the forum search and the manual really doesn't help.

Thanks,
Jeff
You can always pop out of the front camera view by hitting the View button. Lower left where traction control buttons are. It toggles through views one of the toggles is cameras off. Don't worry, as soon as you come into a situation where you need the cameras, they are still triggered. For example you slowly approach something that triggers the ultrasonic sensors front or rear, the cameras are triggered. If you shift into reverse the cameras are triggered, etc.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:07 PM
Default ADD 360 Cam system to the 2021 CX-5 Carbon Edition ??

Hello.

First THANK you to all helping me with this.

I have the 2021 CX-5 Carbon Edition. I LOVE IT.

Only thing I NEED , is the video cam turn signal and front camera. So my thought is if it’s in the top model it should be able to be put in my model.

I GREATLY appreciate any and all help.

Old 08-16-2021, 10:52 AM

360 camera only comes on the Signature. No way to add it to any other model. Sorry.

Old 10-26-2021, 11:32 PM
Default 2021 Mazda CX-5 360 Camera system.

[

QUOTE=jwbankson;194868]I just picked up my new 2021 Signature CX 5 and have to admit I am pleasantly surprised with everything so far. I have been leasing Acura RDX's and MDX's since 2005 but have decided to retire this August and as such wanted to move to an owned and more affordable car. My brother had moved to the Mazda and he is actually the Salesman who sold me my Acura's as he works at their dealership.

Thanks,
Jeff[/QUOTE]

I believe it is correct to stay on till such speed

i Have a question :

how can I get the 360 Cam system installed into my 2021 Mazda CX-5 Carbon Edition ?? Thank you.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:44 AM

You can't.

Old 10-27-2021, 11:39 AM
Default More info please

No ? Why. It’s the exact same model and year . What would be the reasons it could not be done ?

Old 10-27-2021, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Digitaltango
No ? Why. It’s the exact same model and year . What would be the reasons it could not be done ?
I'm no expert, but I suspect that it is not simply a software upgrade. The car will likely need more cameras installed, and the processing power to translate those views into a constructed 360 degree perspective.

Pretty costly, I would think............................ Frank

Old 10-27-2021, 01:19 PM

Thank you Frank , I image you are right. Those cams were added at factory. To try after is probably very difficult /expensive. Thanks

Quick Reply: Question on 360 Cameras 2021 CX 5