Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 07:47 AM
Default Radio

Just bought a new 2021 Mazda cx5. Very unhappy with the radio. Feel like I have gone back in time. Why do car makers constantly build cars without an antenna. They didn't work 20 years ago and they don't work now. Even when they put them in the windshield the reception is bad. Also realized if i wanted to put a decent radio in this car where would it go. Went on a trip after purchasing car and it took 30 minutes to figure out how to use the radio I don't read owners manual. Something that simple shouldn't be complicated. And who came out with that ridiculous infotainment system. You have to be kidding. The radio receptive is bad unless you are in town. Out in the country its constantly changing like its trying to find a channel. I traded in my 2019 Nissan because it lacked power. This thing drives and handles so much better however part of the driving experience involves a radio which i use constantly in my other vehicles. This is a simple problem to fix incorporate the antennae into the shark fin on the roof. Sorry for the rant. When you pay this much for a car a decent radio is expected. How does that song go. The car is old but there's nothing wrong with the radio.

Old 11-04-2021, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ferb
Just bought a new 2021 Mazda cx5. Very unhappy with the radio. Feel like I have gone back in time. Why do car makers constantly build cars without an antenna. They didn't work 20 years ago and they don't work now. Even when they put them in the windshield the reception is bad. Also realized if i wanted to put a decent radio in this car where would it go. Went on a trip after purchasing car and it took 30 minutes to figure out how to use the radio I don't read owners manual. Something that simple shouldn't be complicated. And who came out with that ridiculous infotainment system. You have to be kidding. The radio receptive is bad unless you are in town. Out in the country its constantly changing like its trying to find a channel. I traded in my 2019 Nissan because it lacked power. This thing drives and handles so much better however part of the driving experience involves a radio which i use constantly in my other vehicles. This is a simple problem to fix incorporate the antennae into the shark fin on the roof. Sorry for the rant. When you pay this much for a car a decent radio is expected. How does that song go. The car is old but there's nothing wrong with the radio.
yes, i noticed that too in my new cx5. No cd player and such a pain to switch between AM and FM stations etc. No touch screen a real problem! There is no room in this cx5 to install after market radio. $ 50+k for an engine and tranny only. Nothing beats a simple push button radio.

Old 11-05-2021, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ferb
Modern vehicles are complex pieces of machinery. So many systems and subsystems working together. Why in the world would you not pick up the owner's manual and read the thing? Is it that hard to read? I obtained an electronic copy of my CX manual before I even took delivery of the car, read it twice. When I picked up my brand new CX I knew more about the car than the salesman did.

Knowledge is power.