Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Random questions about 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 08:34 PM
Default Random questions about 2016 CX-5 Grand Touring

New Mazda owner here. I'm confused because there are so many trim levels for this vehicle.
I just bought this thing, and it's performing great, but there's a few issues to work out, so I'd like to identify this car exactly, which should help in troubleshooting. It has a branded title, so the dealer may not be as much help as I'd like. (I'm going into the branded title situation knowingly. It's a risk I'm comfortable taking.)

1) I understand there was a mid-year model change, which is referred to as 2016.5. This vehicle is probably not one of those, but how do I verify? I checked the VIN against some online resources, but "2016" is all that comes up.

2) The folks that did the rebuild said they ordered a key fob from eBay, and had a dealer program it. I'm just not sure they got the correct key fob. As I look online, I see two versions. One has a remote rear hatch release. The one they purchased does not have that button. I'm wondering if this Grand Touring model actually has remote hatch release. If so, I'd like to get the correct key fob. How could I determine if this car supports remote rear hatch release?

3) When I turn on the entertainment system, it reports that this vehicle does not have a navigation system. Yet....down in the console it had an SD card installed that indicates that it does have a nav system. The SD card says:
USA/CAN/MEX
BHP1 66 EZ1D
2566624 Rev 04
Maps by: Navteq
Made in the USA
Could it be that the nav system is not functionally correctly? Or is the SD car used for something I don't understand?

4) Finally, when I plug an iPhone into either of the console USB ports, nothing happens. There's no power sent to the iPhone to charge, and the audio system is not recognizing the iPhone over the cable. (Bluetooth works fine.) Any ideas on how to troubleshoot that? I've read that those ports are under-performing as far as charging your phone, but that's not what I'm asking. The port is completely inoperable at this point....it's not merely charging slowly. It doesn't charge at all.