Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Is a rotary a viable option

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2023, 10:52 AM

Will see....
For a few that are a bit older this experiment to illuminate Dinosaur crude oil for gasoline (remember the Alaskan NONE oil crisis) and internal combustion gasoline engines is not new. Tesla just want to invest and get a lead in the market IMHO before these EV start to have issues and people can't afford to repair them.
I guess its all-academic anyway either some of us will be right about all this or some will be wrong, I even asked my * ball and it said ask again later. ROLMAO!!

Old 07-28-2023, 11:13 AM

My grandfather, an engineer, retired from Exon- Mobile.
You would be surprised by what the oil companies have their claws into.
They are milking the ICE to their benefit while charging us high gas prices while they currently export more oil products then they import.
They are also heavily investing in all the EV technology they can get their hands on.
Such is life, the more money you have the more government subsidies you can get.
I'll be dead or unable to drive in the near future, so it means little me now.
My son lives in Boston and uses public transportation, as a parking space goes for $2500 a month.

Old 07-28-2023, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
My grandfather, an engineer, retired from Exon- Mobile.
You would be surprised by what the oil companies have their claws into.
They are milking the ICE to their benefit while charging us high gas prices while they currently export more oil products then they import.
They are also heavily investing in all the EV technology they can get their hands on.
Such is life, the more money you have the more government subsidies you can get.
I'll be dead or unable to drive in the near future, so it means little me now.
My son lives in Boston and uses public transportation, as a parking space goes for $2500 a month.
I'd rent out a space on my driveway for $2500 a month.

Old 07-28-2023, 11:43 AM

Even the Jetsons ran on a type of fuel not EV rolmao!!!
Maybe they were "HYDROGEN" powered?

Old 07-28-2023, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by schmieg
I'd rent out a space on my driveway for $2500 a month.
People in Boston do.
Boston MA Parking Spaces for Sale (Residents & Investors) (stuartstjames.com)
A guy in the apartment building next to my sons rents his for $120 a day.
Which is actually cheaper than the $25 an hour parking garage rate, if you can find one with an empty spot.

Old 07-28-2023, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
Even the Jetsons ran on a type of fuel not EV rolmao!!!
Maybe they were "HYDROGEN" powered?
It's definitely not gasoline
“Jetsons’ Night Out,” episode, the car runs out of fuel, which George Jetson refers to as “fuel pellets.”
He asks for “high-octane pellets” at the gas station and asks that the vehicle’s
radiumbe checked.
Though it’s unclear how much of one and how much of the other.

George Jetson's boss Cosmo Spacely, explains in one episode, his family company Spacely Sprockets was started way back in the twentieth century. However, it had to be moved to an elevated platform since the surface of the planet became massively polluted.

Old 07-28-2023, 03:40 PM

As a "KID" watching that show i never got all that information? I think you have watched many shows later on in life to know all that my friend. LOL

Old 07-28-2023, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Callisto
As a "KID" watching that show i never got all that information? I think you have watched many shows later on in life to know all that my friend. LOL

I was a science geek right out of the womb.
Actually, had my own lab at 8 years old with microscope and chemicals and kept adding to it until high school when I got my hands on a real lab.
Back in the 1960's you could get all sorts of chemicals even small jars of radium back them. Probably explains why I look like Dr. Bunsen Honeydew now.
In the early 50's you get the Atomic Energy lab complete with uranium and other radioactive elements.

Old 07-29-2023, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lobstah
I was a science geek right out of the womb.
Actually, had my own lab at 8 years old with microscope and chemicals and kept adding to it until high school when I got my hands on a real lab.
Back in the 1960's you could get all sorts of chemicals even small jars of radium back them. Probably explains why I look like Dr. Bunsen Honeydew now.
In the early 50's you get the Atomic Energy lab complete with uranium and other radioactive elements.
In my thread what do, or did you do for a living I mention some of my Colledge classes. I really started out in life to be a paleontologist.
I also had Erector sets. visible anatomy models, and also countless chemistry and mineral sets. Often my bathroom was set up like a mad scientist laboratory. Yes, I do remember that some of the chemicals that came with the sets if you knew how could make many very lethal devices so to say. LOL Who knew!!! I also had several microscopes in fact I still have my MINI Microscope somewhere in my storgae. . In fact, it is so rare I could not even find a picture of it on the internet. It came in a rectangle small box that had mostly blue advertising. Inside was a replica and even made from steel if a full-size microscope. Also, with a few slides with material to veiw and also on empty to put your own specimen in. It was about 6 inches in size.

Old 07-29-2023, 11:52 AM

Maybe one of these...
Is a rotary a viable option-il_1140xn.3995612676_q7n1.jpg

Quick Reply: Is a rotary a viable option