Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style

Seat belt warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 03:10 AM
Default Seat belt warning

We got a brand new 2018 CX5.

Everything is fine, except the seat belt warning chime is annoying the hell out of us.

I used to be able to switch this off for our other cars, but it looks like I can't find a way for the CX5 yet, anyone can give us a hint how to switch it off?

Old 12-02-2017, 08:51 AM

If memory serves...

On our 2016.5 the warning can't be turned off but the volume can be adjusted in the settings.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Why not just use your seat belt as it was intended? Surely your life is worth more than a beep.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Why not just use your seat belt as it was intended? Surely your life is worth more than a beep.
Well there are situations where I don't want to use the seat belt and this seat belt warning is absolutely annoying, i almost had an accident yesterday because of it when I was in a change parking situation and suddenly the seat belt warning and parking sensors beeping together, simply driving me nuts.

I have 2 Fords and one Hyundai, both can switch off the alarm with some seat belt sequences, which should be mandatory for a car owner. I shouldn't be forced to use some seat belt buckle dummies to get rid of that 'safety feature'.

2 in 1 Safety Seat Belt Buckle Alarm Stopper Beer Bottle Opener Function - Black (Pair) - intl Lazada PH

Old 12-03-2017, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Dirk Bunge
Well there are situations where I don't want to use the seat belt and this seat belt warning is absolutely annoying, i almost had an accident yesterday because of it when I was in a change parking situation and suddenly the seat belt warning and parking sensors beeping together, simply driving me nuts.

I have 2 Fords and one Hyundai, both can switch off the alarm with some seat belt sequences, which should be mandatory for a car owner. I shouldn't be forced to use some seat belt buckle dummies to get rid of that 'safety feature'.

2 in 1 Safety Seat Belt Buckle Alarm Stopper Beer Bottle Opener Function - Black (Pair) - intl Lazada PH

You almost crashed because of some warning beeps?

Old 12-03-2017, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Conrad 16.5
You almost crashed because of some warning beeps?
Yes I was manoevering backwards in a busy parking space into traffic and I couldn't distinct anymore between the parking sensor beeps and the seat belt beeps (same beeping sound), it was beeping hell and I had to stop the car in the middle of the other cars to figure out what the heck is going on.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:26 PM

We got a brand new 2018 CX5.

Everything is fine, except the seat belt warning chime is annoying the hell out of us.

I used to be able to switch this off for our other cars, but it looks like I can't find a way for the CX5 yet, anyone can give us a hint how to switch it off?
It's there to remind you. If you are taking forever to put it on, perhaps don't start the vehicle until you have it on or here's a bright idea....put the thing on. Seriously... Geeesh

Last edited by shiner26; 12-03-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:27 PM

Yes I was manoevering backwards in a busy parking space into traffic and I couldn't distinct anymore between the parking sensor beeps and the seat belt beeps (same beeping sound), it was beeping hell and I had to stop the car in the middle of the other cars to figure out what the heck is going on.
Well then put the seat belt on. Problem solved. If you choose to not put a seat belt on you cant complain about it dinging.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
LOL Exactly

Old 12-04-2017, 05:56 AM

I'm curious, do you have difficulties chewing gum and walking at the same time?

Quick Reply: Seat belt warning